Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Gun shows L/A-S/Monica-L/vegas (Read 2453 times)
Nero
Frequent Elocutionist

Gun shows L/A-S/Monica-L/vegas
Jun 19th, 2011 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Hi everybody, flying into L/A on the 8th January for five nights with the grand children, Disneyland and all that, then three nights in Santa Monica and onto Las Vegas untill the twentieth.
Any gun shows I can look forward to seeing in this area during this time scale? 
Regards, Roly.

IP Logged

MAD MIKE
Oldtimer

Re: Gun shows L/A-S/Monica-L/vegas
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2011 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Not sure but you might be there for the Vegas show. It's a 3 day show, usually mid Jan. sometime. Anything in L.A. turns up, I'll let you know.           ...MIKE...      

IP Logged

Nero
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2011 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Thanks Mike, 
last time I was in Vegas a few years ago, I found out when I got there that the gun show opened the day I flew out.
Regards, Roly.

IP Logged

J. pickup
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2011 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
I gave up on gun shows in CA about twenty years ago, since all gun sales have to be approved by the state and there is a 10 day wait.This doesn't apply to antiques but most persons  do not know this, so no rifles any more.Pistols were always regulated, but twenty years ago they added rifles and shotguns.Now there is nothing but junk,  German flags , ammo, and books.I have bought some good books in the last twenty years but that's all.Even the "Great Western Gun show" moved to Las Vegas.I figure it's not worth $14 plus $5 for parking just to look for books, i can do better than that on the net, heck nearly all the books i have bought in the  last fifteen years have been off the net.

IP Logged

Nero
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2011 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Know the feeling, you turn up at a gun show expecting to see guns and find books etc but there is always that unexpected little nugget that sometimes everybody else seems to have missed.
Each time I go to a gun show and come away empty handed I think well that was a waste of traveling time and entrance fee, won't bother next time but there I am again at the next one with my cheque book burning a hole in my pocket.
Incidentally talking to a friend in the UK on the phone last week that cheques will be a thing of the past in a few months time over there.
Regards, Roly.

IP Logged

J. pickup
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2011 at 10:33am
Print Post  
i NEVER take a check book to a gun show since about thirty years ago i tried to buy a Sharps-Borchart for the low price of $200.HE would not take a check and this was before you could find an ATM machine anywhere, even  at gunshows you can find one of them.CASH is the rule in CA, how it is in Texas, where i'm moving to, i do not know.However, i believe Texas gunshows are real gunshows, unlike those in CA.

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2011 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Cash is prety much king at any gun show I have ever been at. Most dealers will take credit cards and some will take checks but cash always works.

IP Logged

Fritz
Oldtimer

Reply #7 - Jun 21st, 2011 at 11:17am
Print Post  
JP,The shows here in Texas are like elsewhere as far as Cash(still King)vs checks,although it depends on vendor many times,whether in state or out.You still have to pick and choose as to shows.Best in DFW area IMO is Dallas Arms Collectors Assoc. show @Dallas Market Hall,in Houston-Houston Gun Collectors Assoc show.Although regionally speaking I'd be remiss if I did'nt mention the Tulsa Show in Tulsa,Okla.--Fritz

YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint