Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Anybody know about this man and his rifles? (Read 2024 times)
zeke

Anybody know about this man and his rifles?
Apr 23rd, 2011 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Smiley    Back in the early 60's, I was introduced to a chap who had a huge collection of Schutzen rifles.

I visited him at his home that was about 70-90 miles east of Cleveland along the lake.

He was named Ronnie and lived with his  brother who was a truck driver.  Ronnie was a Army Ranger who served in the South Pacific during WWII.  He too was single.

In a building about 20"x20"  in his back yard. he must have had close to 50-100 Schutzen rifles.  These rifles were stored vertically on racks that were waist high and were on all four sides of this building. 

At the time, I could not care less about these old guns! but I did remember that they were really nice!

I tried to contact all of the friends and relatives that I could in the Cleveland area but all of the people who would know Ronnie were deceased.

Ronnie was a great person.  He had worked as a bouncer at a "club" on Short Vincent street and had a couple of great stories related to this employment! LOL

In any case, does anybody on this site know anything about Ronnie or what happened to all of his rifles?

Sincerely,

Zeke

IP Logged

Singleshotlover
Oldtimer

Re: Anybody know about this man and his rifles?
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2011 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
The name seems to ring a bell but cannot remember the last name. If I'm thinking of the same person his rifles were sold off at auction sometime back.  But then I could be wrong. Frank

Singleshotlover

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint