Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cimmeron/Taylor-Uberti .22rf (Read 5999 times)
schuetzen32
Ex Member

Cimmeron/Taylor-Uberti .22rf
Mar 21st, 2011 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
:D I would like to try .22 rf schuetzen shooting. The really great manufactures of old are out of my price range. The Uberti Low Wall .22rf with DST is at my top end. This rifle could be used for schuetzen and BPCR .22 silhouette. What I haven't been able to find are any current reviews or opinions of this rifle. If you have had any experience either personally or through a friend I would like to know about the rifles reliability and accuracy.

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Cimmeron/Taylor-Uberti .22rf
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Serveral guys at our Club shoot there 45/70 High Walls with good results. 

Boats

IP Logged

kcajeel

Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Good luck finding one. I ordered one in Dec/09.  Double set triggers, pistol grip, beautiful rifle.  It finally arrived, in Jan/11.  Just 2 weeks after I spent my money on a 414 Stevens.  Just don't run out of patience. Like some of us do.

jack
YIM  
IP Logged

4060may

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 9:29am
Print Post  
I have one and got lucky, shoots good..one complaint.. only set triggers, the rear trigger has to be pushed forward to un-cock the action.

IP Logged

azzhandler

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
I have a uberti low-wall in 17 HMR, I replaced the single trigger with DST, wished I had just did a trigger job on the single trigger,  I only use this gun for hunting and the DST only works when the rear trigger is set 1st.   I mounted a 8x unertl and it is super accurate tree rat gun

IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Have 2 Uberti HighWalls both with DSTs' (38-55 and 45-70)
* Fit to finish above average except the wood on the 38-55 is near exhibition grade
* How do they shoot?  The 38-55 with BP and a vernier put nice groups on the silhouettes.  The 45-70 again with BP shoots accurately out to 1000 yds
Would I buy the LowWall 22 version?  No hesitations

IP Logged

jlwwade
Participating Member

Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
The Uberti Low Wall is a nice rifle but it is very light for a Schuetzen rifle. As others have said the double set trigger is single phase only, so you have to set it and then pull the firing trigger to release the hammer every time. The single trigger version with a pistol grip is a little cheaper and makes a fine offhand rifle with a little tuning. The two I have worked on would hold about 1/2" at fifty yards off sand bags with SK standard plus or CCI standard. 

My suggestion would be to save just a little longer and call Gail at CPA and get Them to build you a Stevens 44 1/2. If you have the ability to finish the stocks then you can get one of the very best traditional target rifles available for $1875.00. Talk to them you want be sorry. Here is a link (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links);

Best of luck

James

IP Logged

schuetzen32
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the information. I really do like the CPA rifles but they are expensive. I've never considered an unfinished version but once we move and I have more time that might be a very realistic way to go. 

Regards, Bill

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - Mar 27th, 2011 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Some ways the CPA is cheap. Start shooting Schuetzen most people end up with a Rim and Center fire. CPA you can add a 2nd barrel and stay with the same Action Stock Scope Sights etc. That's a major economy

You can shoot the rifle as CPA ships rough stock and all. I shot my first one rough for a while before I sanded it out and finished.  That was 1993 so it's been in service 18 years. They were cheaper then but still 100 dollars a year to shoot a top notch target rifle.

Could sell it easy for what I have in it, not many things you can do that with.

Boats

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint