Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Members of the ASSRA and selling on this forum (Read 46557 times)
Schuetzendave
Frequent Elocutionist

Retired Ex-Shooter

Re: Members of the ASSRA and selling on this forum
Reply #105 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
"Was the photo or story of this feat sent to the editor of the SSRJ?
If not it would be very difficult to print it.
John does a very good job, but he ain't no magician."

We were of the understanding that unaffiliated Clubs were not to use the ASSRA  services. We have not sumitted the record to the magazine since ASSRA declared us an unaffiliated Club. Also we are now being told you cannot submit a 50 shot record regardless if it was shot by an ASSRA member on ASSRA targets using ASSRA rules.

The information is available on this forum including the scores of many ASSRA Clubs that no longer report since many of their members discontinued their memberships. This information is freely available to the magazine on this forum if they wish to consider printing it. 

But I thought the proposal was that us free loaders should not be using those services.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #106 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
What record Dave?   Tommy goes to Canada and shoots targets at a range that is not affiliated with the ASSRA ? You now want the ASSRA to change the rules again to include your club record?  You have me very confused.   Undecided

I dont think Tommy needs his horn tooted that bad.  I've never heard him toot his own horn either.   

Joe.

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

Schuetzendave
Frequent Elocutionist

Retired Ex-Shooter

Reply #107 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
I'm sorry Joe if we have lost you.

We have been talking about what is required to better involve Clubs in ASSRA. This includes identifying  the needs of Clubs  including what they believe is a Club record, the need for improved two way communications with the Clubs and adequate representation of the Club's needs.

From the Canadian point of view we have given up on ASSRA actually recognizing any previous records and are trying to ensure the needs of other Clubs are considered in the future. Possibly  ASSRA will develop better support through better communication and representation.

Unfortunately at this point it appears our Club is saying, ASSRA membership does not meet any of the Clubs needs and there is no sense in re-engaging unless there is an opportunity to bring the Club's needs forward; like discussing what is a Club record i.e. 50 shot events. At this point the past is history and is brought forward  for consideration of changes that need to improve relations with not just our Club; but others that are not as vocal.

Besides before this post started we were happy just to go enjoy ourselves and shoot ASSRA and completely forget about re-engaging as a Club. For good or bad here is documentation of what has occurred from our Club's perspective. Any movements forward are for ASSRA to  take actions to resolve; or continue to be happy to see dissenters leave the organization.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #108 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Dave, you and your club are not members of ASSRA. I have been following this thread. The thread has not lost me. You have lost me. I dont understand what your concern is with ASSRA business.  You really have nothing to do with the ASSRA.  You burned that bridge.   

Joe.

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

Set_Trigger
Ex Member

Reply #109 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 9:14pm
Print Post  

Schuetzendave,
Your clubs records are not official ASSRA courses of fire so ASSRA has no reason to record them or honor them. 

Please don't think that because of what I said above that I'm siding with the current officials,  I'm not. and this is the  reason why. 

An  ASSRA member friend of mine got banned from this site because he asked a few legitimate questions about the workings of ASSRA and received nothing but sarcastic remarks from a few of the officials, needless to say he and a bunch more are no longer ASSRA members or members of this site.

And because some of the officials that gave those sarcastic answers back then are still officials at this time, and as far as I'm concerned are not good representatives of ASSRA,  it's very hard for me to forgive and forget what they did to some good shooters back then.

Here's a solution for you to have things your way. Start your own Association, call it the CSSRA, make your own rules, shoot your own courses of fire, make up your own targets,  keep your own records. You will be a much happier man and the ASSRA Officials wont have to do anything, this way things will be back to normal.
  S T

IP Logged

Reg

Reply #110 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Dang !!! If this isn't working up to a full scale pissen contest-- I have never seen one !!!!
Really Dave is right.  This needs to be moved out of the main stream and off to some place where it can be members only.
Non members or prospective non members really don't need to see this or be a part of it.  This is not good.
Without any doubt there needs to be adjustments made.  Its called growing and any group needs to grow or they stagnate.
It seems there are those out there with a complaint or a cross to bare and a avenue must be made so they can have their day.
I think from the ten pages or so of this thread that the BOD can see there are issues to be addressed and for the future of the club I hope they will take heed but there should be a proper time and place.
Right now all is see is airing of dirty laundry and all it will accomplish is to give the neighbors gossop.
My two cents worth.
And for the record-- yes I am a member and have been since about the mid 80's and will be next year too.
And no, I have never been to Etna Green but hope to make it some day.

Smiley

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #111 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 10:11am
Print Post  
As to club records:
The ASSRA has 2 classes of records The first is ASSRA Records these are open to any ASSRA member in good standing who shoot a qualifying target at an affiliated club under ASSRA match rules. The target must be signed by the Schuetzenmeister to affirm that the target was so shot. It is then sent to the clubs coordinator who will let the Editor know when a record has been tied or beaten. 
The second record is a National Match record. These are records that are shot at one of the 5 national matches held annually at the ASSRA range in Etna Green IN. 
The ASSRA does not keep club records that is the job of the club.
Dave communication is a two way street. You have to follow the rules and procedures not just bark and expect everyone to jump. If you would have tried to cooperate a little instead of trying to pound a square peg into the round hole you would have gotten a lot further.

40 Rod

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #112 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 10:43am
Print Post  
40 Rod -

There you go tyring to bring this back on topic!  (seriously, thanks for your voice of reason, and GREAT job on the Journal.)

But, back on topic.  Re: members of the ASSRA and seling on this forum: 

I've purchased items via this forum from non memembers and members alike.  They've all shot well.  Keeping the SERVICE open to all is consistant with the goals and roles of the ASSRA - supporting the sport (even within the narrow limits of the organization (pre1917ish).  Is it a service or should it be a fundraiser.  That is another issue.

NOW, how about getting this long series of wandering topics off into an area for such (and out of the General Discussion arena)?

We have an area called "ASSRA.COM Feedback and Suggestions".   

WE NNED ONE:  ASSRA Feedback and Suggestions

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
Drafted May 1970, Retired Maj. U.S.Army
assra #9885
IP Logged

fallingblock
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #113 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
No change has been made to the for sale section it was a proposal by Keith. The board will discuss it if it is brought up at the next meeting. I have secretary since May of 2005 in that time no one has contacted me about any of the issues that have been brought up in this discussion. Remember there are two sides to every story. The BOD of the ASSRA does listen to the concerns of members as well as nonmembers. As long as I have been secretary the board has been open and we have had several times been deeply divided as to what to do about some of the issues that have come up here in the forum. Each year the board has changed with some people leaving the BOD and others joining.  We are the servants of the members and do our best.
Cheers,
Laurie

Cheers,
Laurie
ASSRA Secretary & Archivist

IP Logged

MI-shooter

Reply #114 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Guys
What started out was a BOD member who had an idea asking the membership on an electronic forum a simple question, should we limit the access to buying and selling on the forum to members, has now gone on for 8 pages of dialog dealing with history to electronic magazines. Some of the dialog is quite frankly a public pissing contest between a few people. Time has come to shut this down. If you have suggestions for the BOD, please avail yourselves of the PM system or start a new thread to specifically address one issue at a time please.   

With malice to none
Ed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
Send TopicPrint