Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Reloading Resource (Read 2200 times)
SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reloading Resource
Jan 30th, 2011 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Being new to BPCR, I've yet to find a good 'techncial' source for reload the standard BP cartridges. Have both of Garbe's books, which are good, but have not found a resource that has details on case sizes and drawings, such as the Sierra or Hornady reloading books for the modern cartridges. Is there a reloading book with such technical details for BP? Thanks.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

nobearsyet
Ex Member

Re: Reloading Resource
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
I'd check Venturino's book on BPCR, you really need to own a copy of Cartridges of the world.  And don't forget the Lyman bkackpowder handbook.  I think you can get all 3 at Miwayusa

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Reloading Resource
Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Have both of Venturino/Garbe's books and also Cartridges of the World 10th & 11th Editions. None of them has the detailed info on case dimensions for BP cartridges. At most, they list the overall length. Sounds like a project. And, I prefer to purchase my BP supplies from folks who support BP shooters, like SPG, Bullfalo Arms, etc. (not that Midway doesn't, but you know what I mean). Thanks.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint