Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Shooting short-case cartridges in BPCRs (Read 2086 times)
texasmac
Frequent Elocutionist

Shooting short-case cartridges in BPCRs
Dec 26th, 2010 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Guys,

I just authored and added a short article to my web site titled, Shooting Short-Case Cartridges in BPCR’s – Myths & Facts.  If you’re interested, the article can be found at the following link.  Comments and discussions are certainly welcome.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

By the way, while you’re at my site, check out the other articles.

Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Shooting short-case cartridges in BPCRs
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2010 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Wayne,

A good article. I definitely agree with your emphasis on cleaning the chamber area in front of the short case mouth thoroughly and soon, regardless of the propellant type. 

BP

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2010 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Good article. I was a just a bit disappointed though. I thought your thread was a topic on short BP cases like the 38/40 Remington and 40/50 SS/BN etc etc.

Joe.  Smiley Angry Sad Cheesy Lips Sealed

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Mac good article

Agree on cleaning the chamber and leade.  When I started breech seating my 38/55 with Black Powder found a clean bore shot to shot was the key to success.  However it was not just the bore, more important was the chamber and leade. So much so that I use a Pistol rod to brush the chamber first then clean out the rest of the fowling with a rifle rod.

Same barrel Smokless powder never found any build up between the case and leade.  I do clean it good after each use.  My cases are not full chamber length. Same lot of WW cases since it was  new in 1993. Could be I never let it build up.

Boats

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint