Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ** Dixon's Gunmakers Fair --2010 ** (Read 2516 times)
Gone Fly Fishing
Frequent Elocutionist

** Dixon's Gunmakers Fair --2010 **
Jul 22nd, 2010 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
    Public Announcement --- regarding the Annual Dixon's Gunmakers Fair to be held July 23, 24, and 25th, 2010 in Kempton, Pennsylvania, approximately 15 miles East of Cabelas on I-78, take Exit #40 in Berks County. (Allentown Area of the State)

For more information, please telephone 1-610-756-6271

For a flyer,   (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

For directions and a map,

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2010 at 2:04pm by Gone Fly Fishing »  

IP Logged

moodyholler
Oldtimer

Re: ** Dixon's Gunmakers Fair --2010 **
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2010 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
I went 2 years ago and was well worth the trip. Later, moodyholler
PS take plenty of money!!!!!

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Gone Fly Fishing
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: ** Dixon's Gunmakers Fair --2010 **
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2010 at 7:12pm
Print Post  

Yes, it is a worthwhile weekend in July.  I've had the privilege for the past 12 years, and although there are many quality vendors, craftsman, and artisans present, I go mostly for the continuing education and seminars that are offered to the black powder community.

I've made friends mostly with the barrel makers and the lock smiths, particular Jim Chambers, who, as you probably know, is one of America's premier lock makers, if not the single most respected in America.  And, a truly very nice individual I might add.

Have you ever seen copies of the Fox Fire series of books from the middle 1970's ?  Jim is just a kid in those days and is featured as an apprentice to the Kentucky gun smiths of much notoriety.

Creedmoormatch

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint