Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) I am SORRY (Read 6191 times)
whitey hanson
Ex Member

I am SORRY
May 19th, 2009 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Got a Email this Morning about. About a guy haveingeverthing for a Marlin Ballard action except the receiver that he had had for many years. But never found a receiver And decided to sell everthing for $300.00. As I am not a Ballrd Fan. Roll Eyes I thought I would post it here and maybe help someone.
I got several emails upset with me because I did not have name,Ph# and complete information on all the parts. etc,etc. And I told everyone how to find out. Gunsmithing group on yahoo.
I am sorry I upset some by not haveing the info they wanted rather than checking for themselves.
I will make sure in the future I will ony post what I own. And not try to help anyone else. Whitey

IP Logged

Fritz
Oldtimer

Re: I am SORRY
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2009 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Whitey,you know that old adage--"you can't make everyone happy!"
                                                        Regards,Fritz

YIM  
IP Logged

Set_Trigger
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2009 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
And don't forget, a lot of people want everything handed to them, they just cant seem to do much of anything for them selves.  If nothing else you now know who these guys are.
  S-T

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2009 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Fritz For sure you are right.But I forgot getting too  old and senile I guess. Grin Grin. Whitey

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #4 - May 20th, 2009 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
That will teach you to try and help folks out! Next time just send me an email and forget the rest of those guys! Wink

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 20th, 2009 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Thanks Marlin guy.Don't worry I learned my lesson. Grin Whitey

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - May 20th, 2009 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Whitey,

I bought a nice Unertl scope off this board from a member and re-sold it about a year later to another member. Wanted it to go on a single shot that's used in competition, sold for exactly what I paid for it.

Turns out there is some way people can search this board without being members or signed up, couple of guys were after the scope for reasons I did not agree with, space ship looking long range pistol for one. Guy got real hostile with me when I would not sell to him.

Some of our gear is so sought after people will buy for re-selling or speculation, and not too nice about it either.

My advice is don't worry about it and don't do anything different.

Boats

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 20th, 2009 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Boats I understand and if it had just been a couple jerks. That is one thing but some was long time members here that really suprised me.
And in the future if I come across something I will only PM people who I know might be interested. Or I will only run add's on something I own. It was just that I am not a Ballard fan.(sorry) but knew a lot of members are and thought maybe I could help them. But in hind sight I should have know better. AS you know I had " LOTS" of Low Wall parts and one of our members said he was really haveing problems finding a good 22RF breeck block. And as I had several extra with firing pins etc. I would sell him one for $25.00 + 5.00 postage. Grin Grin he said he would take it for $25.00 If the price included priority mail. Smiley Nice  guy huh.?? That is when I  decided my 12 LW's was enought and I let you have the LW acttion. AND sent enought parts To Joe for my last LW a DST action. And all the extra parts to Joe. Atleast that made hime very,very happy. Whitey. Whitey
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2009 at 2:13am by »  

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - May 21st, 2009 at 8:04am
Print Post  
Whitey that Low Wall is coming along nice down in Mississippi.   

After much thought went with nice figure but not fancy American Walnut.  Am going to finish with low gloss oil and get it checkered.  Was thinking French Walnut with extreme figure but that would not have been true to What Winchester would have furnished in 1888. 

Kept the stock straight with a cheek piece and Small Swiss buttplate.  Sights have a Fixed MVA on the front and am going to get them to fit up and extra base for my MVA Schuetzen Soule. But probably will shoot it with the STS 20x most of the time.

Hopefully be match shooting with it 2010 season. Will send some photos when done.

Boats

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 21st, 2009 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Boats that sounds great.And would love some pictures. And I like your plan. Talking aout shooting I need to do some of that. Grin. Whitey

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #10 - May 21st, 2009 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Don't change a thing about the way you operate Whitey! You're one of those guys who always tries to do the right thing, and isn't motivated by money or greed. 
I consider you a good friend, and to heck with anyone who doesn't like the way you help other singleshot guys here!-Vall

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Reply #11 - May 21st, 2009 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Thanks Vall. Whitey

IP Logged

sakoman
Senior Forum Member

Reply #12 - May 22nd, 2009 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Well Whitey,  Cry

I guess that settles it:  You must have a "Cheese Grater "personality!!

The fix is easy though, just give me first shot at whatever you are selling, never mind those meannies that don't understand you.

Have a very good day,

Allen  Grin

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

JakeFlyFish
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 24th, 2009 at 3:56am
Print Post  
I GAVE a guy a hunk of walnut ( feather crotch ) for a forend. He called later in the week and told me if he knew it was so hard to work he would have declined the offer. He won't have to worry about anymore free stuff or really anything from me as I'm sure there is no pleasing him. Jake
PS. Keep trying to help Whitey, there is not enough help in this world between folks and that's why we are where we are right now in the USA

IP Logged

whitey hanson
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 24th, 2009 at 10:14am
Print Post  
In hind site it's not a big deal. But it did peeve me for awhile I will keep trying to help as so many have helped me so many times. Like Marlin Guy etc,etc. Heck at least at 72 I still get peeved so my heart is good. Grin. Whitey

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint