Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic May Lodi 1K Results (Read 214 times)
hst
Oldtimer

May Lodi 1K Results
May 12th, 2009 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Gentlemens:

The 2009 Mother's Day match, sanctioned by the ASSRA, is history. It is held at the Winnequah range in Lodi, WI. It is a black powder cartridge rifle(or muzzle loader) match consisting of 15 shots for record at 800, 900 and 1000 yards on each of two days. Awards are given for the high aggregate score at each distance as well as the grand aggregate. 

This years winner was my very good friend Mr. James Kluskens, the maker of Distant Thunder sights. And yes, he had them on his rifle. So did I, but it didn't seem to help. Mr. Kluskens won going away with a score of 773 and 7x out of a possible 900, posting the high score at 800 and 900. It was a truly impressive score for the conditions we shot in.

Second was Mr. Robert Saathoff, posting a 738-6x. Bob also won the 1000 prize. Mr. Saathoff was talking about wanting a new rifle, but for the life of me I can't understand why.

Third was Mr. George Remington with a 734-6x. Mr. Remington is one of those nice, quiet sort of guys that you hardly even notice is there until the awards are handed out.

My congratulations to all. It is no mean feat to place in this match. 

It was really a grand time and for the first time in a good while it didn't rain.  There will be another match this September and at that match there will be a pig roast at the end of the first day. Y'all are welcome to come, it is a beginner friendly environment.

Regards,

Glenn Fewless

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint