Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Front Sight for CPA barrel (Read 1960 times)
Van
Senior Forum Member

Front Sight for CPA barrel
Dec 13th, 2008 at 7:38am
Print Post  
Who makes a front sight that will fit the CPA front dove tail?  Need one bad.
Don't they have that funny size like .460?

any help will be appreciated
Van

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Front Sight for CPA barrel
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Van

That barrel was cut for a Mike Stevens removable base.  My first CPA some years ago Mike was making a good Soule sight & windage front sight, CPA furnished them.  Probably 10  years ago Mike passed away so no more from him.  Nice guy and excellent sights.   

Since I have bought sights from MVA and been real pleased.  They cut a special thread on one of there Hadley disk to fit my Mike Stevens Soule. I don't know if they will do special dovetails for front sights but expect they will if given the dims.  The Mike Stevens sights are pretty well known and MVA may be familiar with the cut.  I should also say removable is real convenient,  I only have one front sight and use it on 3 barrels.

Paul Shuttleworth ought to know what the dovetail cut is too and may have some information.

Boats

IP Logged

Van
Senior Forum Member

Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
dad blast it, why didn't i think of that, i have two other barrels with the same front sight that I need. Dumb, real dumb, just never have really liked messing up a good thing.
sorry to bother you

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
No worries,  I do think CPA switched over after Mike Stevens passed away.  Might want to make sure.  Paul keeps good records on his rifles and barrels bet his notes say exactly how it was cut.

Boats

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint