Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic weaver v8 scope (Read 5506 times)
screwloosetc
Ex Member

weaver v8 scope
Dec 9th, 2008 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
I have an old Weaver V8 scope there are no adjustments on it. I used it on a Manlicher Schoenaur with Baush and Lomb mounting. Can anyone tell me how weaver mounted this scope? it has three crosshairs vertical and horizontal, thin between heavy three up three across with the thin one in the middle. Ive not seen any advertising on it or its mounts. I replaced it with a balvar8. Zero has never changed on this rifle. It is real solid. Any info would be appreciated. 
Thanks
Tom

IP Logged

xxgrampa
Ex Member

Re: weaver v8 scope
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
greetings screw,

when you change the power, the hairs move apart at hi power and come together at lo power. it makes a preety good range finder for deer once you get the hang of it.. 

the scope originaly came with instructions about a deers chest, put it between the lines, look at the power and that was the distance.. 

they were good (are) scopes.

..ttfn..grampa..

IP Logged

xxgrampa
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
PS.. weaver had their own adjustable mounts..

tt.g

IP Logged

MerwinBray
Oldtimer

Aw Gees

Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
The V* had an external adjust rear mount. Not to unlike a lyman, etc. Yet not too like it either.

The Nick Stroble scope book has a little info about it.

I have been trying to get one more as a curiosity. I want to put it on a lighter gun.

I have seen a couple of the mounts sell on flea bay but they go for almost as much as the whole scope. I never did understand that.

Merwin

Great Plains Precision Rifle Club

IP Logged

screwloosetc
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Merwin
The B & L stuff is still available at what i think a reasonable price. The system was designed to move a scope from rifle to rifle witout changing zero. Mine has been on and off several times its a challange getting it sighted in initialy but once locked it stays. here is the guy selling the stuff (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) My weaver has the B & L rings on it so all I need is a base when I decide where to put it. The Balvar 8 is a much better scope than the Weaver V8 it has the tapered cross hairs.
Tom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint