Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What's it worth and what should I put it on? (Read 1970 times)
indianamoon
Participating Member

What's it worth and what should I put it on?
Nov 24th, 2008 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
First off, I will admit to not knowing any where near as much as you other guys about this stuff, and would like your opinion.  That said, let me tell you of my latest gun show purchase.  As the internet has apparently not as of yet made it to some areas of the central plains of Indianer, there are a few sellers out here who don't seem to keep up with the values of things.  Among other things, I picked up a Litschert target scope this weekend at a local show where I regularly am nearly embarrassed for what I have paid for various firearms and accessories.  I have a number of these scopes on other rifles, but have never seen a 30x, which this is, in very fine condition.  What would be the value of this scope?  I just about never see these things for sale.  

Thinking about tossing it on top of my 44 1/2 in 32-40.  Appropriate?

Thanx for the help,

Indy
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2008 at 12:39pm by indianamoon »  

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: What's it worth and what should I put it on?
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
If you mean 30-40 or the .30 US Army cartridge it's probably going to recoil too much for that scope.  Eye relief is the issue. Scope will stand it but your eye may not.  If 32/40 it's perfect.

I would have to guess at the value. Perhaps 2/3 of Unertil price. Although the scope is just as good.  ? 350 ? 

Boats

IP Logged

indianamoon
Participating Member

Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Yes I did mean 32-40, just a brain blip.  I see on GB that some of these in 16 power have sold in the $350 range, and other websites have 20x asking as much as $800, but probably not selling at that.

Indy

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Indy, there are so few of these higher power scopes being sold (as there were so few of them made, relative to the lower powers) that it is hard to say what is a fair price.  If you can get one at a price you are willing to pay for a specific want or need, that is probably your best way of figuring it.  I would agree with boats for a lower powered scope, but for the 30X would think at least 10-20% more.  YMHO, YMMV.  Roll Eyes

Froggie

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
I suspect The Green one is right.  30 x would bring a premium.   Plus a whole lot more guys are shooting bench rest now and want high power scopes.

Boats

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint