Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Tang sight for HighWall (Read 2029 times)
MtnGun
Ex Member

Tang sight for HighWall
Nov 2nd, 2008 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
I am interested in a tang sight for a High Wall.  I would like windage adjustment, but do not need a tall, long range sight.  Has anyone used the New Marbles with windage adjustment?

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Re: Tang sight for HighWall
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 11:06am
Print Post  
MtnGun, you might also look at the currently produced Lyman tang sight with the Windage top being sold aftermarket.  It is somewhat reminiscent of the Pope sight, with a dovetailed plate that moves back and forth by an adjusting screw.  I have originals on a Winchester high-wall and a Ballard Pacific and really enjoy using them.  I think the new ones should be nearly as good for at least casual target shooting.

Froggie

IP Logged

38_Cal
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 11:21am
Print Post  
In my experience, the Marbles sight is pretty crude if you want to do precision work.  Froggie's suggestion is better, with the top end by Parts Unknown for the Lyman sight.  It's also sold by Buffalo Arms, as I recall.

David
Montezuma, IA

David Kaiser
Montezuma, IA

IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
... with the top end by Parts Unknown for the Lyman sight.  It's also sold by Buffalo Arms, as I recall.

Parts Unknown sights, for what ever reason, are not to be had. The Canadian Distributor cannot be reached and BACO has none

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint