Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Texas Hurricane damage and guns (Read 1938 times)
mwhite49
Frequent Elocutionist

Texas Hurricane damage and guns
Oct 29th, 2008 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
I am presently on an assignment in Texas to inspect Fema trailers being set up. The company I work for has a Fema contract. I have not been in Texas in years, since  the eighties when I was still in the Navy. The devastation here is unreal, like a war zone. I'm working in the Bridge City area now, some homes had 4-7 feet of water in them. This water was not plain seawatwer, it has chemicals from all of the chemical plants here and the oil industry, raw sewage too. Just think what these chemicals not to mention sea water will do to fire arms.
I have seen streets lined up with once nice antique furniture that is now just so much junk and it is sad. 
I am not sure just how many of our members ae in the hard hit areas but if you are I hope you removed the guns first. I have seen aligators in the remains of some homes, darned near snake bit three times now and I am suprised by the lack of news coverage of this. 
The local folks here are wonderful to work with and I hope you can salvage it all. The picture is of a home destroyed by storm surge well away from the coast.
Mike White

IP Logged

irish66
Oldtimer

Re: Texas Hurricane damage and guns
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 7:30am
Print Post  
mike
if you are still down here and have time you are 4 hours from newbraunfels come visit and take a break.
irish

IP Logged

mwhite49
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Texas Hurricane damage and guns
Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Hey Irish, I would love to, and yes I'm still here in Texas. I leave on Nov. 12 for a 6 day vaction home and then back here until dec. 20, off for two weeks and then back. About the only time I can get off is maybe a Sunday afternoon as we are all working long hours. I'm averagin 84 hours a week now with no let up in site. Some are working more, some less but not much less. Everyone here is very dedicated to getting her done, and folks in there new homes.
Email me some contact if if you can.
Thanks
Mike

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint