Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 22 SCHUETZEN  AMMO (Read 2790 times)
JBBOOKS
Ex Member

22 SCHUETZEN  AMMO
Oct 19th, 2008 at 10:44am
Print Post  
WHAT AMMO IS LEGAL  IN 22 SCHUETZEN MATCHES?   THANKS  J.B.

IP Logged

KAF
Ex Member

Re: 22 SCHUETZEN  AMMO
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Section 1.13   .22 Rimfire Rifles

.22 caliber rimfire rifles are classified separately and do not compete with the centerfire rifles. Only .22 Short, Long or Long rifle cartridges shall be in this category.

IP Logged

JBBOOKS
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
I,M ASKING  IF IT CAN  BE   STANDARD OR HIGH VELOCITY,  MATCH GRADE OR ANY REGULAR GRADE  AMMO? WHAT ABOUT  BULLET WEIGHT?      JB

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
AFAIK, the reference from Keith says all that ASSRA has to say on the subject.  Therefore, high speed or standard velocity ammo of whatever grade should be legal.  At various matches I have seen a gamut from Eley Ten-X to Wally World loss leader bulk pack ammo being shot.  I've never seen a challenge on ammo as long as it was factory short, long or long rifle ammo.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Froggie

PS  Why are you YELLING?

IP Logged

tenx
Senior Forum Member

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
I agree with Froggie. As long as it's factory made it's legal. That's factory made! Not some of the experimental stuff people were putting together a few years back.

Froggie,

He might not realize that on the internet that all caps is considered shouting.

PETE

IP Logged

JBBOOKS
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
No, yelling ment, still learning computer talk. Thanks for the help.  JB

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
JB,  Speaking only from what Ive seen in the ASSRA matches at Etna Green most of the guys shooting the 22 rimfires in the various matches in which they are legal are shooting various brands and grades of the 22rf longrifle match ammo-----depending of course on budget, what their specific rifle seems to shoot best with, etc.  and which matches they are shooting.  there can be a significant difference in accuracy between 100/200 yards.  Then there is the rimfire offhand  .  .  .  .  .   .

At one time I had a 22 lo-wall that seemed to shoot its best with Wolfs least expensive grade 22 rf.  I tried some of the big-$ stuff but it wasn't noticably better .  the way the match ammo is going up and so many makes/grades being discontinued I REALLY wish I still had that one.

I have seen a few guys who bring out real nice minty antique 22 gallery guns which might be chambered for the 22 short or long cartridge; but I personally think most of them are shooting them for the enjoyment of shooting them rather than trying to seriously compete at the longer ranges. Now if one belonged to a club that did indoor gallery matches it might be a whole different story.

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint