Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Re: 8X8 Bull Elk (Read 7337 times)
sakoman
Senior Forum Member

Re: 8X8 Bull Elk
Oct 12th, 2008 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Its OK to post this since I know you shot him with a SS rifle.  What do you think he scored?

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Roofuss
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2008 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Nice job, good lookin' bull .....congrats !   Smiley

IP Logged

zampilot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2008 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
What did the bull die from, as it reads you didnt shoot it?

IP Logged

zampilot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2008 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Wow, thats amazing, the $$ amount. I'd bet many white tail deer are not found after an arrow, here in Minnesota. Thanks for the info.

IP Logged

acelungger
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2008 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
That is a same! that was and is a Beatifull Elk, his demisions are almost bigger than My moose i killed on the mouth of the Mamouth river in N.B.C. he went 56 spread! I only bow hunted one year, and lost my job because of it, I shot a small 8 point buck, I let him go lye down, I waited 30-40 mins and walk over there and spoked him, i spent most of the night and the whole next day, and I found him just before dark! The boss didn't think looking for a wounded deer was worth missing work!
I felt different! And never bow hunted again>
Ace

IP Logged

henpeckedmuch
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Sounds like it was aged just right for eating!

IP Logged

wildbill
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Fellas, I've seen plenty of wing-nuts with hi-power rifles make bad shots on big game and not follow them up. There are a good number of conscientious bow hunters who do a great job of the sport. I am not a bow hunter, but the scariest thing I see are the rifle hunters with the latest greatest whiz bang bottle of powder magnums who cannot shoot, let alone handle the brutal recoil. Remember, the legendary Jordan whitetail buck was taken with a 25-20 many years ago. Regardless if a bow hunter or rifle hunter, you have to develop the marksmanship skills to make a clean kill. That is one nice bull anyway! A rancher friend of mine back in Montana just bagged a nice bull with his 7MM-08, one shot.

IP Logged

wildbill
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Very Nice Bull Ken! Congrats!

Bill

IP Logged

wildbill
Ex Member

Re: 8X8 Bull Elk + Pictures of B&C 422 Elk
Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Ken, regardless, I may have to expand my applications to New Mexico. I've heard about some nice Elk down that way!  Maybe I can talk the wife into a move to New Mexico. Put me alot closer to Raton as well.

Regards,
Bill

IP Logged

wildbill
Ex Member

Re: 8X8 Bull Elk + Pictures of B&C 422 Elk
Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Ken, I know what you mean. I'm originally from Montana, the wife got homesick and here we are in western Oregon. I have to drive 3 hours one way just to shoot the long range BPCR shooting in Bend. It's worth it to get outta the rainy regions anyway. I miss that high desert country and wide open spaces. I REALLY wanna get out of this area when she retires. Montana has alot of SS shooters (home of the Quigley). If you can, maybe you can head up to Montana this summer for that match. You'd love it. If it were any more fun it'd be illegal.

Wild Bill

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint