Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) WOW! (Read 14193 times)
rimfire
Ex Member

Re: WOW!
Reply #30 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Dave_j -I shoot free recoil - sitting up watching the conditions - the only thing touching the rifle are the front rest the rear bag and my right thumb and forefinger - I am left handed so learning to squeeze that shot off right handed (pinching) and feel comforatable doing it was probably the hardest part to pick up - I 2 have some UM1 and some 900B left but it is dwindling - if it is cold at the fall 22 only match I may get out the Ely Biathalon - I have a flat plate of UHMW attached to the forearm handstop rail with 1/4-20 flat head machine screws and "t" nuts - it runs on a Fudd Hamilton front rest setup.  I have shot 248-8C several times at 100 and have shot 245-6C at 200 b4 in the 22 only reentry Schoyen match.
Don H - not that I am calling you a "hog" but I believe that there is still hope for you - I think that it is just called "readaptation" you were a good shot b4 your accident and I think that with enough practice you can get there again.
Respect to All - the rimfire - cdpersons

IP Logged

leadball
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
rimfire
         I guess I don't have to ask you what you think about the high-dollar Lapua X-Act.    leadball

IP Logged

miles_west
Ex Member

Re: WOW!score correction
Reply #32 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
In the Schoyen line up for Fall 2008 although there are 3 250's Richard Zorin come in first place. He shot a great target.
I know it was just an over sight.....But 1st is still first! Good shooting RZ.Also I believe L Minihan 250 was his first he has shot congratulations!

IP Logged

miles_west
Ex Member

Equipment List For 2 250s
Reply #33 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
My list is as follows,and in no particular order except for the first "piece of equipment" everyone else is equally
as important but not in order

The late great Marlin Remington Bassett: For sharing his mechanical genius with me in the form of a Bresien
barreled ruger,as well as his time and patience he took to teach me  "if you cant shoot a good group,you wont shoot a good score"

Jim McDerrmott: Consistence in making match quality  ammo and the time to teach me how important it is to cast a good bullet  as well as to remind me that the most important thing is to never forget to have fun.And what turn to take an the way to a match!

Andy Zahornacky: "Just try to do a little better every time and shoot against yourself  and you will improve"
along with a good bench technique and also when to turn on the way to a match!

Dale Renyolds: "more powder and hold off" Along with what to watch for that the flags and probes might not be telling you.And don't forget to look both ways before squeezing the trigger! 

The guys at Massachusetts Schuetzen Society {Roy Piver} for there club motto for a bad target..."its nothing a dollar wont fix"

And my dad George Conroy for showing me how much fun it is to shoot and fish!
To every on else I may not have mentioned in my "Equipment List" that has helped me set my targets or load /unload my gear....or given me pointers along with all the great shooters in this sport thank you for all the help you have given me and the help we share with each other.All the rest powder,primers,scope,its all the same stuff that
every one else has bought/sold,owned rebought.Its the people that count,the story you have told or listened to for the third time.The suggestion some one mentioned to you that you had in the back of your head,that when a friend told you you now know was right etc.So thank every one on your "List" you never know when they wont be around any more. THANKS TO ALL....Marty   

IP Logged

AndyZ

Reply #34 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
      Your welcome,  Marty.

PS         The Dummy that sold you that rifle wants it back !!!!!!

IP Logged

rimfire
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 10:13am
Print Post  
green frog - if you really want to learn you would be better served to go to the people who have been so kind to share their knowledge of the benchrest game and reading conditions with me as I am sure that my knowledge will never surpass theirs. They are:
Paul Amberger
Keith Foster 
Jim Borton
Dale Reynolds
and Jeff Shultz
if I have overlooked anyone it is due to a failing memory and not intent.
Respectfully - the rimfire - cdpersons

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #36 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
I've hung out with those guys, but they all laugh at me!  Maybe it's the funny stock on my bench gun and not just me!   Roll Eyes

Truthfully, you're right though, Charlie.  There are a bunch of guys at our matches that have a world of knowledge about shooting (off the bags or upright!) and they are generally very free about sharing.

Congratulations again on YOUR achievement!

Regards,
Froggie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint