Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) WOW! (Read 14198 times)
mriisj assra Life

Re: WOW!
Reply #15 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Quote:
Dale don't read no stinking wind. 

He waits until I shoot then he does, OR the little guy in red with horns that sits on his shoulder is saying shoot now to him.

I thourght that bashing was stopped at this forum by the board ??

Michael

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #16 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
While we are on the subject of wows there are a couple of other people who have wow. The first is Marty Conroy; Marty shot two back-to-back 250s in the same relay. The second is Charlie Persons. When I went through the scores and up dated the records I realized that Charlie’s 245-6 centers is a new record for the 200 yard rimfire benchrest.
Congratulations to both Charlie And Marty.
40 Rod

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #17 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Charlies' rimfire score ties the old record. It makes four 245-6 targets in that   
match. Evidently a hard hump to get over. Wink

"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

“There is no situation so bad that it cannot be made worse."

Confidence- The feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

IP Logged

Tar_Baby
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
good shootin

IP Logged

Schuetzendave
Frequent Elocutionist

Retired Ex-Shooter

Reply #19 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Many congratulations to Dale Reynolds, Marty Conrod and Charlie Persons for their fabulous shooting. It is great to hear about the degree of shooting precision accomplished by our successful ASSRA competitors.

A postive suggestion is that it would be great to have these successes listed in a section on the ASSRA webpage so others can view at their pleasure wether it is to assess the degree they have fine tuned their own firearms or shooting skills or whether it is outsiders wanting to know what degree of success can be achieved in this shooting sport.

Many would also like to know the equipment used as well to achieve that great success, even though it doesn't address the need to develop the skills to achieve such success.

IP Logged

DonH
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 5:53am
Print Post  
mriisj assra Life wrote on Sep 2nd, 2008 at 9:49am:
Quote:
Dale don't read no stinking wind. 

He waits until I shoot then he does, OR the little guy in red with horns that sits on his shoulder is saying shoot now to him.

I thourght that bashing was stopped at this forum by the board ??

Michael

If that is bashing it is good natured bashing. They shoot side by side and are known to give each other a hard time occasionally. What this medium lacks is the ability to pick up on the less than serious jabs.

IP Logged

rimfire
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 2:24am
Print Post  
If anyone is interested in my equipment it was:

Action: BSA International Left Hand Martini
Barrel: Ron K Smith gain twist in 416R sst.
          This bbl has less than 300 rounds though it.
Chamber: Ely Match
Gunsmith: Ben Pratt, Fostoria, OH
Ammunition: 22LR Lapua X-act
Scope: 2-1/2" George Mitchell 24X

I hope that I didn't leave anything out.
A blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.

respectfully - the rimfire - cdpersons
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2008 at 2:40am by »  

IP Logged

rimfire
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 2:39am
Print Post  
Jeff - it is a hard hump to get over - I had 5-C's and 3-24's in the first 8 shots with my first two shots being 24's and could only garner one more center and a 23 with the 23 being the 9th shot - oh well - there is always the 22 only match in Oct.  Shooting that exspensive ammo makes one concentrate harder.  the rimfire - cdpersons

IP Logged

Schuetzendave
Frequent Elocutionist

Retired Ex-Shooter

Reply #23 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Rimfire:

Did you weigh or rim gauge your Lapua ammo? Do you believe this is a valuable practice?
Did Ron Smith's gain twist finish at a 1:16 twist?
Do you have a free floated forearm?
What is your preferred wind detection tool? seismic ribbon, propeller, wind sock or wind gauge? What wind condition did you select or did you hold off and judge wind impacts when you shot?

Dave

IP Logged

Jim_Borton
Global Moderator

Reply #24 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 8:23am
Print Post  
What, What, There is no wind a Etna Green!!!!! Grin Not that morning anyway!

Hugs & Kisses
ASSRA life
NRA life
NMLRA life

IP Logged

rimfire
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
shuetzendave - I personally believe that weighing is worth more than rim thickness but that is just my opinion - but in this instance I did neither it was straight out of the box - the RKS bbl finished at 1:15 by my request - he normally finishes at 1:15-1/2 I believe - I use a wind probe and a wind clock with a light tail ribbon.  the forearm is not free floated - we remounted the International front aluminum rail and forearm wood - there was no wind that morning - sort of - more like light little swirls - I guessed more than read the wind that morning - you know sometimes you feel that little puff on your cheek or neck  just as you are getting ready to pinch off the shot and even though everything looks the same you say "not now".
I always hold "off" - my crosshairs will cover a 22 hole at 200 yds so I never aim at the center unless as conditions change they force me to - but in this case I held the same point of aim all 10 shots based on bullet impact from the twenty shots I put on the sighter that I shot before moving to the record target.
I hope that this wasn't more confusing than no answer at all - just got home from back surgery - the rimfire - cdpersons

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #26 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks for that thorough description, rimfire.  I will take it to heart for my first bench session in the Spring @ E-G, then we can commiserate at that great restaurant in Warsaw (the one with the personalized mugs) and you can explain to me what I am still doing wrong!  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Hope all goes well with your recovery from surgery.  If things get too rough, I guess you'll have to machine up a set of artificial vertebrae for yourself, huh!  Wink

Regards,
Froggie

IP Logged

dave_j

Reply #27 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
looks like some great shooting to me. i shoot a bsa mark 3 and have a dwindling supply of federal um1. i have been looking and trying to get something that will shoot in my gun but have not tried the lapua yet
do you caress or bear hug your bsa? mine likes a death grip
have you tried a flat plate attached to the hanger with no wood touching the rest?   i have a "T" shaped plate which is screwed to the hanger. it sets on a slick plastic sheet on the rest.
i have not shot it at 200 but do have a 249 at 100. these bsa rifles are sure finicky but lots of fun
congratulations on some good scores

dave       Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

ah heck  AA#9,4227,300MP, as long as it goes bang

IP Logged

mriisj assra Life

Reply #28 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 4:10am
Print Post  
Quote:
If that is bashing it is good natured bashing. They shoot side by side and are known to give each other a hard time occasionally. What this medium lacks is the ability to pick up on the less than serious jabs.

DonH you are absolutely right, this was a boomerang I was just waiting to get it back and it finally did, this was not meant personally against anyone.     No more gossip!

Rimfire thanks for that thorough description.

Michael
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2008 at 4:18am by mriisj assra Life »  
IP Logged

DonH
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 5:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
If 

A blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.

respectfully - the rimfire - cdpersons

Does that mean I can still hope Charlie?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint