Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Pedersoli Sharps opinions & info (Read 35154 times)
John Boy
Ex Member

Re: Pedersoli Sharps opinions & info
Reply #45 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
70 000 psi was the answer shiloh give me .

[b]70,000 IS NOT THE ANSWER THAT STEVE AT SHILOH TOLD ME THIS MORNING 

* 1874 SHILOH SHARPS ARE "BLACK POWDER CARTRIDGE RIFLES ONLY"

And this is further clarification from Lucinda at Shiloh ...
J Quote:
John Boy!
Kirk already answered this question! I was here during that conversation this morning and that IS NOT anything that you were told. She did not give you those numbers at all. These are Black Powder Rifles ONLY except for the calibers we have listed. So again! You were not told a PSI from anyone in this office!

« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2016 at 4:11pm by »  

IP Logged

tbird1960
Senior Forum Member

He shoulda armed himself.

Reply #46 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
I have a Pedersoli rolling block imported by Cimmarron Arms and it does not say anything about black powder only. It is in 45-70 caliber.

NRA Patron, Whittington Center Founders Club, Life Member TSRA, Life Member HGCA Distinguished Rifleman Badge #783

IP Logged

CodyS

Reply #47 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 9:58am
Print Post  
SchwarzStock wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 5:54pm:
LOL, funny this thread has reappeared.

More than 3 years after my posts I still wouldn't give a Pedersoli to an enemy.

SS

I agree.  It amazes all the folks that get all defensive about how great their Pedersolis are.  When I go to a competition, I almost never see one in the winner's circle.  It seems the only folks that shoot them in competition are either content to always suck, or are either saving their money for a Shiloh/CPA/C.Sharps, or have it on order.  We run a BPCR range with monthly matches as well as I shoot in numerous other monthly, state, regional, and national matches so I get to see and handle a lot of different and unique guns.  Pedersoli's make ok stepping stones, but I would rather just start with a good gun.
take care, Cody

IP Logged

SchwarzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #48 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 10:55am
Print Post  
My father taught me when I was a young boy to save my money for what I really wanted, buying something else to get by never filled the void and it cost more in the end to buy a substitute, sell it and then get what I wanted from the outset. 

CodyS wrote on Dec 29th, 2016 at 9:58am:
SchwarzStock wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 5:54pm:
LOL, funny this thread has reappeared.

More than 3 years after my posts I still wouldn't give a Pedersoli to an enemy.

SS

I agree.  It amazes all the folks that get all defensive about how great their Pedersolis are.  When I go to a competition, I almost never see one in the winner's circle.  It seems the only folks that shoot them in competition are either content to always suck, or are either saving their money for a Shiloh/CPA/C.Sharps, or have it on order.  We run a BPCR range with monthly matches as well as I shoot in numerous other monthly, state, regional, and national matches so I get to see and handle a lot of different and unique guns.  Pedersoli's make ok stepping stones, but I would rather just start with a good gun.
take care, Cody

If your rifle is not in 7.62 and you can't hit what you are aiming at with de-linked machinegun ammo you are a pretender.

IP Logged

luck88

Reply #49 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 11:49am
Print Post  
My 2₵.
The Pedersoli's I have are nice 3 to 5 year guns. The CPAs and Shiloh's I have are excellent 50 to 100 year guns.
That being said, $800 is a pretty good price nowadays and I wouldn't feel too bad about it at all.

IP Logged

gunlaker
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #50 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
I'm sure that the original poster had a lot of fun shooting that Pedersoli.  I think you can have fun with any of them.  I've owned Pedersoli, C. Sharps, and Shiloh Sharps rifles.  The Pedersoli was the first and I enjoyed it, but it's long gone and I only have my Montana built Sharps rifles. 

I had some bad luck with a couple of older C. Sharps rifles, but my newer ones ( cut with custom chambers ) work very well.  I still think Shiloh's are the best bet for a competition BPCR/BPTR rifle.

If you want to shoot really heavy loads I'd buy a Ruger #1 and put a big recoil pad on it  Smiley

Chris.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint