Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic .22 r.f. Vickers Limited (Read 2126 times)
longrangehunter
Ex Member

.22 r.f. Vickers Limited
Jul 11th, 2008 at 6:15am
Print Post  
Hello,

I am looking for any information on a single shot Vickers falling block rifle that I bought about 15 years ago in San Antonio, TX. It is missing the rear sight and front sight as well. It has a cocking indicator in a groove cut into the right hand side of the falling block. The cocking lever is similar to those found on the old British Service rifles like the Martini Henry. It has two rounded (sling?) pieces mounted on the forearm and another just in front of the trigger housing. BTW, the trigger pull is awesome! It is extremely smooth and breaks at about 1 1/2 pounds. 

I would love to find the sights for this rifle so that I could shoot it. I have resisted the suggestions of a few friends to scope it since this would destroy any value of the rifle and besides, I love single shot rifles with peep sights. The best part about this rifle is it's light weight, since I have been told that I can no longer shoot rilfes that weigh over 10 pounds. 

Any help that anyone can give me as to where I might find sights for this rifle would be greatly appreciated! The rifle at present is all origonal. I do have a tang sight that was given to me but that will call for inletting the sight base into the wood on the wrist of this fine little rifle and I am hesitant to do so without some idea of it's value as is. So if anyone could help me with the basic worth of this rifle that would also bea great help as well. If it is no great treasure then I will start inletting it for the tang sight asap. That still leaves me with finding a sight that will fit the front base that is mounted via a ring that also has a block with a deep sight inlet already in it. 

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me with this query. 

Respectfully,

Ken McWilliams

IP Logged

Ex Member

Re: .22 r.f. Vickers Limited
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Have a look at this:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

38_Cal
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: .22 r.f. Vickers Limited
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 9:42am
Print Post  
I've seen Vickers sights occasionally on EvilBay, sometimes at good prices, sometimes at outrageous prices.  You may want  to check with John Appleton, (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links), for sights as well.   

As to value, it depends on the model.  Figure about $300 and up, since you don't have the sights.   

David
Montezuma, IA

David Kaiser
Montezuma, IA

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint