Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic G. Patt schuetzen rifles (Read 1683 times)
bluesteel45
Ex Member

G. Patt schuetzen rifles
Jul 9th, 2008 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Does anyone out there have any info on a pair of schuetzen rifles i just aquired?? they are marked on the side of the reciever "G. Patt" , Alma , Wis." . both are american walnut stocked large Martini actions. Swiss stlyle double hook buttplates, swiss fingerbow guards   4 lever double sets...nice!  both set up for palm rests and came with one for both rifles. the first one has a 32" Remington #5 weight barrel and was originally chambered for the .40-50 B.N.....it was later sleeved to .22 rimfire at least 50 years ago. [ i know the family history of the rifle]. the second rifle is identical to the first except it wears a #5 Winchester octagon to round barrel ....32" and is chambered in .32-40. both guns are in very good condition...both were wearing lyman 17A front sights and typical small disc rear aperature target sights. no engraving and quite workmanlike.....descent checkering on both grips and fore-ends...a neat find........need info....blue

IP Logged

fallingblock
ASSRA Board Member

Re: G. Patt schuetzen rifles
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
The rifles were made by C. Patt Alma Wis. There was an article a few issues ago in the Journal. Also, last year my Pope barreled Patt was on the cover. 
They are Swiss Tainter actions.
I have pictures of I think 14 different Patt rifles. I need to go back to Alma to take some more pictures and take the rifles apart for pictures and trying to see if there is some key to how many were made.
Send me a PM I would like to talk to you about the rifles.
Cheers,
Laurie

Cheers,
Laurie
ASSRA Secretary & Archivist

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint