Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic .25 Stevens Ammo (Read 5450 times)
slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

.25 Stevens Ammo
Apr 30th, 2008 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
I see that 5 MM Remington rimfire ammo is available again. These rifles were only made for a few years. Can't be a ton of them out there. There a lot of .25 Stevens rimfires out there. Seems to me that there would be a better market for them than the Remington 5 MM.
.32 Long, .41 rimfire, .22 WRF and Wincester .22 Auto are available. Why not the .25 Stevens? Wishful thinking on my part?

IP Logged

Bent_Ramrod
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: .25 Stevens Ammo
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2008 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Wishful thinking on my part too. Cry

Great cartridge, but I can't imagine the demand would be that high or even steady.  Still, if they can revive the 76 Winchester, maybe there is hope after all.

IP Logged

Quarter_Bore
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2008 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
I wonder if nostalgia would be enough to drive a reintroduction of the .25 Stevens RF to modern times. What rifles could be chambered for it? Does it have anything going for it other then nostalgia??

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - May 1st, 2008 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
I would think that just about anything that can handle a .22 Mag or .17HRM should work. Semi-auto could be a problem. They can't sell a lot of .32 Long rimfires either. The run a batch every few years.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Ex Member

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2008 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
I too wish they would make a run of .25 Stevens Long rimfire! I've got 4-5 boxes of old Cannuck, and I would like to shoot my #3 Ballard in this caliber more often! If they would make a run I'd stock up and give the old gal more range time! Wink

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Doug_Nelson

Reply #5 - May 3rd, 2008 at 9:32am
Print Post  
I'd buy a few bricks of .25, and I don't even own a rifle chambered for it!  But the reason I don't own one is that I can't get the ammo.  A few years back I saw a beautiful Stevens target rifle in .25 rim.  It might have been on Gary Quinlan's table-- such things usually are.  But if I can't shoot a gun, it becomes much less interesting to me, so I passed it up.

Anyone here know enough about the ammunition business to estimate what the setup expenses would be, and the minimum economical production run?

Doug

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint