Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ballard rifle co (Read 1969 times)
md5200
Participating Member

ballard rifle co
Apr 17th, 2008 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
i saw a post where the ballard rifle co had moved to mich. i've had their website in my favorites for a long time and i enjoy browsing it very much. i've never seen one in person. are they as nice as in the pics? do they shoot good? if someone has one i'd love to hear about it. wonder why they moved. thanks md5200

IP Logged

RSW
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: ballard rifle co
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
md5200
I have two, they are both nicely done, have excellent DSTs, outstanding wood-to-metal fit and better wood than what I expected. The 40-65 averages 1.5 to 2 MOA with  my black powder paper patched loads at 200 yards but my heavy barreled 32-40 is definitely a tack-driver. With my Mos 210 gr spitzer it'll keep them under one MOA at 200 yards unless the conditions get to me and I screw up the group.
On the down side, they have had a "bun in the oven" for me for over a year now. I'm not real happy about that.

Randy W
ASSRA 10211  -  ISSA 125
There are indeed two Americas. Simply put, it is not the haves and have nots. The two Americans are in reality divided into those who do and those who don't.
IP Logged

tenx
Senior Forum Member

Re: ballard rifle co
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 9:57am
Print Post  
  I'll 2nd what Crash says. I have their Union Hill #8 in .22 RF and I'm well pleased with it.

PETE

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint