Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Quackenbush rifle (Read 2761 times)
JCHannum
Senior Forum Member

Quackenbush rifle
Apr 13th, 2008 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
While it is not one of the more exotic big bore guns usually discussed here, the little Quackenbush is an interesting gun.

I picked up 2/3's of one yesterday and need a little help with the remaining 1/3. It is missing the breechblock.

If someone has a breechblock and no rifle and wants to dispose of it at a reasonable price, I would be interested. Otherwise, if someone who has one of these rifles would be kind enough to post or e-mail some photos of the two sides and bottom of the breechblock it would be greatly appreciated.

I have a machine shop and the deHaas book with the drawings, so making a replacement is not out of the question, but a look at an original would be a great help.

Thanks in advance for any help provided. 

Jim H.

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Re: Quackenbush rifle
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
JCH, have you looked in the GPC/Numrich Arms catalog?  At one time they had a selection of Quackenbush parts, IIRC.  It's amazing how some  of those very odd parts actually show up when more common brands are exhausted.

Froggie

IP Logged

JCHannum
Senior Forum Member

Re: Quackenbush rifle
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2008 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Thanks Froggie, I did check there, but not much joy. They do have a takedown nut, which I have already made, and a firing pin, which is academic if I am going to make the rest of the parts.

Jim H.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint