Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Rebounding Hammers (Read 10803 times)
MartiniBelgian
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Rebounding Hammers
Reply #15 - Apr 9th, 2008 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Specious - now I need my dictionary.  Sounds expensive though...  Was I THAT transparent? Cheesy

IP Logged

Brent
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 9th, 2008 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
MartiniBelgian wrote on Apr 9th, 2008 at 3:18pm:
Specious - now I need my dictionary.  Sounds expensive though...  Was I THAT transparent? Cheesy

Oh yeah !!! clear as can be...  But Glenn rose to the bait first.

While the math suggests that a few pounds of pressure should not matter, removing the primer retraction spring has done a lot to help primer flow problems in my Sharps.  A rebounding hammer may be much worse that a primer retracting spring in that regard.  I don't think falling blocks are well suited to rebounders.   

Brent

IP Logged

hst
Oldtimer

Reply #17 - Apr 10th, 2008 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Gentlemens:

I tend to like the idea of a rebounding hammer. Howsomever it probably is not, to my way of thinking, a good idea for high pressure (read modern) chamberings.

My Wesson ( and for that matter everyone else's...) has a rebounding hammer. There has been no issure that I am aware of with the system as yet. I have had none and I use pistol primers.

Glenn

IP Logged

GCurtis

Reply #18 - Apr 10th, 2008 at 9:34am
Print Post  
After reading this thread I got to looking at some of my lever action Miroku's (USRA). In addition to the new hammer block safeties they have rebounding firing pins and rebounding hammers. Calibers are 45-70, 405 WCF and 30-06. No primer reflow issues on these rifles but seems like overkill.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint