Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic buchel meister (Read 3065 times)
Nick_Marino
Ex Member

buchel meister
Mar 26th, 2008 at 10:08am
Print Post  
My computer crashed etc and I just got it going again. When last on this forum I was talking about bullets and barrel fit,and lookinf for a buchel meister action as I completly destroyed mine. The rifle was a beautiful walnut stocked, buchel action,pope barrel with false muzzle and 24 power unertel scope. How could anyone destroy a rifle such as this? Well it just happened that the pope barrel and buchel action were not a match so there was no extractor in the action, hence a portion of the case was unsupported. I have documented records of over 21,000 firings with the rifle in this configuration with no problem( 17,000 by the man that built the rifle and 4000 by myself). Then in july of 07 I fired two sighters, one five shot that measured .520, but on the eighth shot the unsupported web of the case failed allowing gas to flow into the action splitting it in two halves. I guess the reason I told this story to caution anyone shooting a rifle in this configuration , don't do it !!! Also if anyone has one of these old actions I am interested.      Thanks Nick

IP Logged

leadball
Ex Member

Re: buchel meister
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Nick_Marino;
                  I'm sorry I can't help with your Buchel-Miester action, don't know of anyone with parts. I've been looking for a butt-stock for a couple years--I have a Buchel-Miester that went through a fire--if you decide to part-out your rifle I would love to have the wood.   leadball

IP Logged

tim_s
Oldtimer

Re: buchel meister
Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Go over to the German gun collectors site and get the contact info for Deiter Apel [sp] . If there is a way to do this I suspect he can be of assistance.

“ I don’t have to be faster than the bear, I just have to be faster than you”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint