Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Opinions on 44.5 reline (Read 8651 times)
MerwinBray
Oldtimer

Aw Gees

Re: Opinions on 44.5 reline
Reply #15 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Bent Ramrod,
I have pondered the other 25 since this morning and had sort of told myself the same basic thing, expensive. I have SS stuff and as Westerner pointed out, rimmed is not expensive and available. I am a sucker for old "odd" calibers, but my budget ain't what it needs to be for all I want to do!

Cat WHisperer,
I think a case like THAT merits german silver, not brass. But that is a matter of taste. I could polish the silver in all my free time!
Merwin

Great Plains Precision Rifle Club

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #16 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Or you could have the family's butler do it between polishing silver and answering the door!  Grin Grin Grin

Froggie

IP Logged

MerwinBray
Oldtimer

Aw Gees

Reply #17 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Charlie,
I regret to inform you that the butler has been let go. After leaving my former type of work, I realized how much damage I have done to my back over the years. Realizing that shooting offhand back pain would be detrimental, I needed to hire a live in masseust. In these tight times, the butler HAD to go!! Wonder if she polishes silver? 
Merwin

Great Plains Precision Rifle Club

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #18 - Mar 16th, 2008 at 11:11am
Print Post  
MerwinBray
I have started a .25 project. The action is a 44 1/2 that I rescued from the worlds ugliest varmiter. I am sending it to CPA to have some parts that the were missing or so altered by the builder of the varmiter that they are now useless. CPA will also install a set of doubleset triggers and a 4 finger loop lever. I have an RKS .25 gain twist barrel ordered, that I will chamber it 25-21. The last thing that I need to find is a really nice piece of wood for stocking it as a Waltut Hill. 

40 Rod

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint