Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Lever balls (Read 1554 times)
Brent
Ex Member

Lever balls
Mar 6th, 2008 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Here is a photo of two lever balls.  The one on the right is made of desert ironwood.  The wood was turned by a friend because I did not have a wood lathe at the time.  The metal insert into the blind hole was made by Pete Mink and is all steel.  I fashion a brass piece that protects the lever from the rim of the steel insert that is epoxied into place in the wood.  

The other ball is one that I turned out of walnut for Paul.  It will eventually have a through bolt system that will use an aluminum pillar and a modified eyebolt to attach the ball to the lever.  

Both systems have advantages and disadvantages.  But you will not pry mine loose before my body is stone cold.  

Brent

IP Logged

singelshotman
Ex Member

Re: Lever balls
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 9:26am
Print Post  
The Ideal Handbook #15 shows something very silimar, see page 140, it;'s called the "Universal Palm Rest". The advertisement shows it attached to a Stevens 44 and the price was $1.75'.

IP Logged

MerwinBray
Oldtimer

Aw Gees

Re: Lever balls
Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Simple but effective. It would give some movement for adjustment depending on the lever. I Like it, can't blame you for not wanting to let it go! Thanks for putting up the pic.
Merwin

Great Plains Precision Rifle Club

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint