Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Eley Super Silhouex (Read 2648 times)
Irascible
Senior Forum Member

Eley Super Silhouex
Mar 1st, 2008 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
I shoot a lot of Eley Silhouex (white label), Standard velocity, at IHMSA Silhouette matches in the summer, and with excellent results. In the winter I shoot a 22 gallery rifle leauge where I use Eley Rabbit High Velocity (red label) with excellant results. Recently, Eley has stopped making the red label HV stuff, but has started making a round they call "Super Silhouex". It is a higher velocity than the std. Silhouex. THIS STUFF IS JUNK. I have match chambers and they usually chamber all Eley rounds a little stiffly. But at least 4 out of 50 fall into the chamber and about the same number will not chamber at all? If I discard the loose and tight rounds the grouping is not bad. When I include the loose and the extra tight ones which will still chamber, the grouping goes out the window. It's nothing to do with rim thickness, it's all bullet diameter. I have never seen quality control so bad from ELEY. I wonder if their buying rounds from another manufacturer?

IP Logged

frederick
Ex Member

Re: Eley Super Silhouex
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2008 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Probably from Mexico or New Jersey.

fred

IP Logged

.22Hepburn
Oldtimer

Re: Eley Super Silhouex
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2008 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
More likely that ammo came from Massachusetts or Cali and tends to shoot a couple minutes to the left.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint