Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What sight do I have? (Read 1625 times)
sluggunner
Ex Member

What sight do I have?
Feb 26th, 2008 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
I have a Lyman tang sight. The bottom half looks like a 103, has the locking lever and click windage. The stem is a knurled sleeve with no graduations or clicks. The only stamping is Lyman on the top of the base and "Pat Apr. 18  16 on the side. No application code stamp on the bottom but it fits a Stevens 44 action just fine.
Thanks in advance, 
Rich

IP Logged

J.D.Steele
Ex Member

Re: What sight do I have?
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2008 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
I had one of these sights but traded it (back) to a Stevens collector in Fla. He said, IIRC, that it was a model 144 and came that way from the Lyman factory; I got the impression that this model was apparently made only for Stevens rifles. Now, if you could only find a nice Lyman Range Control vertical staff (it's click-adjustable), you could have a complete albeit 'put-together' model 103. My own 144 vertical staff appeared to be identical to a standard 2A staff, that is, not click-adjustable but with the usual Lyman dimensions and threads and taking the std Lyman screw-in 2A aperture.
HTH, Joe

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: What sight do I have?
Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2008 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
The 144 was made for the last Stevens Walnut Hill rifles. 1932 and later. If you would like to sell this one and buy one you like better, contact me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint