Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Spencer single (Read 2770 times)
KWK
Senior Forum Member

Spencer single
Feb 24th, 2008 at 9:59am
Print Post  
In addition to their Maynards, Romano is offering a (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links). There's not much of a description; has anyone here handled one? What sort of action is it? It looks like it could be a simple side-hammer falling block, but the breech sticks up a bit high. (The lower picture is mislabeled; it's a Maynard.)

Karl
IP Logged

MerwinBray
Oldtimer

Aw Gees

Re: Spencer single
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2008 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
I have seen one at his booth at the N-SSA but did not handle it. I guess when spencer sold his repeater rights he agreed to never make another repeater as part of the deal, a non compete clause of sorts. It was after that he designed the singleshot, from what I have ebeen told. I do not know how many, if any, were ever sold. They are a neat piece of shooting history! If ya get one, post it on the board, THAT would be cool!
MerwinBray

Great Plains Precision Rifle Club

IP Logged

KWK
Senior Forum Member

Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2008 at 5:54am
Print Post  
I wrote to Romano and received this reply: "it's like a rolling block, to open you pull down on the lever, and the breech block rotates back."

If I'm ever in upper NY, I'll stop by and have a look; I'm curious how it works.

Karl
IP Logged

MerwinBray
Oldtimer

Aw Gees

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2008 at 7:23am
Print Post  
I don't know if you are ever in the Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia area, where they all meet. Larry sets up at the N-SSA Nationals in May and October. However, seeing his shop would be a neat trip.
Merwin

Great Plains Precision Rifle Club

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint