Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Uberti high wall with set triggers (Read 16793 times)
J.D.Steele
Ex Member

Re: Uberti high wall with set triggers
Reply #15 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Basic design is very close but slightly inferior IMO, few if any parts will interchange without alteration.
HTH, Joe

IP Logged

Leo1885

Reply #16 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
I bought a Uberti lo-wall in 22 RF. Accuracy was poor so I had a liner installed by Lee Shaver and accuracy is much better. Also, I stripped the ugly factory finish from the stock and found a nice piece of walnut that looks great with an oil finish. The forearm was much lighter and 4 coats of walnut stain produced a good match. One of the ROs at the range thought it was an original Winchester.

IP Logged

montana_charlie

Reply #17 - Apr 12th, 2008 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Not to interrupt, or hijack anything...
For those who may not know, Pedersoli is on the verge of marketing their Hiwalls in 38-55, 45-70, and 45-90.

The prototypes were present at the latest Shot Show, and dealers may have some by June.

The receivers are supplied (to Pedersoli) by Uberti, and they are re-heat treated to Pedersoli's specs.  Beyond that, everything else is manufactured and assembled by Pedersoli...including their well-known barrels.

They will have a single set trigger of Pedersoli design, and Dick Trenk claims the lock time has been improved over most other brands.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program...
CM

Retired...twice.  Now, just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

IP Logged

swifty
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 3rd, 2008 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
I noticed that Uberti doesn't show the 38-55 in its web site.Are they dropping the 38-55 from its selection of 1885 Highwalls?

IP Logged

Bullshot

Reply #19 - May 3rd, 2008 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Swifty
Go to Cimmaron's site. They list the High Wall in 38-55. Its a Uberti rifle doctored by Cimmaron. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Bob  NRA Life Benefactor

IP Logged

greg2
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
tbird1960,

Purchased a Uberti/Cimarron Arms Hi-Wall in .38-55 about eight months ago.  Color case, wood to metal fit & trigger operation seemed pretty good.   Finish on outside of wood and inside of barrel was not too good.  Internal barrel dimensions measured .373" bore and 3795" groove.  Couldn't deal with that so I pulled the barrel and am planning on replacing it with and aftermarket barrel.

greg2

IP Logged

Will_Ketchum
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
montana_charlie wrote on Apr 12th, 2008 at 2:35pm:
Not to interrupt, or hijack anything...
For those who may not know, Pedersoli is on the verge of marketing their Hiwalls in 38-55, 45-70, and 45-90.

The prototypes were present at the latest Shot Show, and dealers may have some by June.

The receivers are supplied (to Pedersoli) by Uberti, and they are re-heat treated to Pedersoli's specs.  Beyond that, everything else is manufactured and assembled by Pedersoli...including their well-known barrels.

They will have a single set trigger of Pedersoli design, and Dick Trenk claims the lock time has been improved over most other brands.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program...
CM

Charlie, Do you know if Pedersoli going to have the low wall in 22 RF?  I was thinking of getting a Uberti but after reading that
Leo had to have his relined...well Imight as well get my Stevens 44 relined and save $700.00.

Pete

IP Logged

c.robertson
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Will, check posts at general discussion on this forum. About all you want to know about the Pedersoli is listed there, along with some interesting links. 
The Pedersoli high wall are due in country in 1 to 2 weeks of today, 24-July-08. There are only 2 calibers CURRENTLY listed, the .38-55 (original chamber length) and .45-70. That is based on information directly from Pedersoli in Italy.
Hope this helps.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint