Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 1875 sharps (Read 2549 times)
Quisto56
Ex Member

1875 sharps
Feb 11th, 2008 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
can anyone give me any information on the 75 sharps as to the dependability and ease of cleaning strength and durability I was thinking of getting either a winchester creedmoor or a custom 75 from c sharps and just wanted some input as to which is the better action and rifle overall  Thanks for any info I was wanting to start competiting this year

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Re: 1875 sharps
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2008 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
I shot a Browning BPCR in a silhouette match this last weekend. There are a number of things I didnt care for. One problem was loading in the prone position with one hand.  What a pain. The spring pressure on the lever push's the cartrigde back out before you can close the action.

Ive shot against  and talked to Sharps 75 owners for years. They all like them and they are made in the USA. My advice is to buy American. Wink

Joe.

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2008 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Agree with Westerner, While the imported rifles are very good I would buy an American gun from a small production shop everytime, even if it cost more.  In the long run it's going to be less expensive, Service after it's built re-sale etc.  Most important thing is one of the US builders will put together what you want, the large importers you have to shoot what they build.

It's nice to have choices available but mine is American made.

Boats

IP Logged

Ken41
Participating Member

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2008 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
A friend of mine purchased a C. Sharps 75 in 45-90 Heavy Barrel. I followed up with a C. Sharps High Wall, also in 45-90 Heavy Barrel. Both rifles shoot 1 to 1 1/2" groups.  Both of us a well pleased with the  quality of the C. Sharps rifles. I have added a picture of the High Wall. It has the extra fancy wood option and the single set trigger. The 1875 only comes with a standard trigger, however it has a nice crisp release. The Low Wall is a Uberti in 30WCF. Fun to shoot. I will be adding unertl scope bases to both rifles.

The delivery time was suppose to be about 4 months, but it was ready in a little over 90 days. I agree with Boats and Westerner on buying American

Ken
NRA Life
SW Pennsylvania

IP Logged

Dale53
Oldtimer

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 12:03am
Print Post  
I have a '75 C. Sharps with 32" heavy octagonal barrel that I used for several years in BPCR Silhouette. It is a FINE rifle and is  .40-65 caliber.

I have a Browning High Wall BPCR in .40-65 and shot it several years in BPCR Silhouette. The Browning's stock is MUCH better for silhouette (much straighter and offers less apparent recoil simply due to better design).

I also have a Browning Creedmoor in .45-90.

I think that the Brownings are the best BPCR's of all time. I have shot all of the popular varieties out there and frankly, I prefer the Brownings.

Dale53

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint