Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Re: *SUPER BOWL of MARKMANSHIP, Catch the Vision* (Read 8856 times)
frederick
Ex Member

Re: *SUPER BOWL of MARKMANSHIP, Catch the Vision*
Reply #15 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 7:39am
Print Post  
Or, proof of the late P.T. Barnum's adage, "You will never lose money
underestimating the publics taste."

fred

IP Logged

Gussy
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Quote:
Gentlemen, to repopularize shooting we must start running up and down the range with an inflated animal skin, speak in grunts, and  wear huge gold chains around our necks. 

fred

That would help, but I think the shooting fraternity is missing the boat.  Shocked Shocked 

I think there needs to be a new competition where the shooter must shoot the gun held sideways or from the hip.  Roll Eyes Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Since the majority of shooters on TV shoot that way, it might just be the new wave.   Huh HuhThose shooters don't know how to hold one upright and are not coming to the competitions.  Make a new class that fits their shooting style.

I think this shoot should be held in the desert areas as the targets would have to be widely spaced to prevent cross firing on targets. Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2008 at 11:44am by »  

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #17 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
There aint enough mini skirts these days.

Joe.

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

.22Hepburn
Oldtimer

Reply #18 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
'Not quite the Superbowl, probably even bigger - the Tornado Alley .22 BPCR silhouette match will be held at Oklahoma City Gun Club on May 17 & 18th. 40 shots each day at those pesky chix, pigs, turkeys, and rams (50,100,150,200 meters). BPCR - legal guns only ( iron sight and scope classes ). Limited to 55 shooters - this is the official unofficial Nationals. There will also be a "Creedmoor" side-match for those shooters wanting something a bit more challenging, targets at 275, 300, and 325 yds. 
Contact Dave Crossno for further info - dibbleguns@juno.com or 405-396-8786.

IP Logged

Michael Rix
Participating Member

Reply #19 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
What is the best ammo for 22rm at these ranges .....200m  or out to 325yds?   Super-sonic or sub-sonic
Brand?

Michael Rix

M. Rix

IP Logged

.22Hepburn
Oldtimer

Reply #20 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Seems like the standard velocity stuff seems to work fine. I was able to get/keep on target to 325 at Tornado Alley match last year shooting Lapua Signum and Master ( the MIdas is just a bit too expensive for me). Dave Crossno was a big help in the spotting dept. I was shooting my Neidner Ballard with 16 twist barrel. My new Hepburn has a 14 twist Douglas which I hope will stabilize the bullets a bit better at the long ranges and hopefully buck the wind a bit better. I'm going to try some high-velocity stuff in the faster twist barrel and see how it works. 
Generally it seems that most of the .22 silhouette shooters are using standard velocity stuff ( 50 - 200 meters ). I don't think there's any one ammo that rules the line, same with the rifles. Part of the equation here could be that some guns seem to like certain ammo, while some will shoot anything. I've seen good scores shot with all kinds of ammo, both standard and hi-velocity.  It's probably reflective of the nature of the game; good equipment, reading conditions, technique, and a bit of luck all play a part. Gee, sounds like I'm talking about BPCR target/silhouette.
I guess I'm like everyone else, looking for that magic combination.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint