Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) T/C Encore?? (Read 10012 times)
Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Re: T/C Encore??
Reply #15 - Jan 28th, 2008 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
My bad...I should have thought about the fact you were procaliming yourself a newbie to our arcane kind of shooting.  The "Penguin" is an inside joke...Bernie Harrell began calling them by that fond(?) nicknoame while he was working on stocking one for Dale (53) McGee.  It is really called the Peregrine, and was a limited production made for about 10 years or so in Colorado.  The other ones I named, mentioned, the Miller and the Hoch actions are ones that were developed about the time the Coors Fests were reaching their Zenith.  I believe the Miller is still in limited production, but I'm totally in the dark on the Hoch myself.  I assume you recognize the Ruger in single shot as being the #1 or the discontinued #3.

And let me repeat,
Welcome aboard!
Green Frog

IP Logged

bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Jan 28th, 2008 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
I always enjoy how someone will always get upset about traditional non traditional. In Dutchers book and at our Club we have pictures of a guy with a action on a long balance pole. He would sling it over his shoulder to shoot it. Is that traditional? The pictures is from The Davenport Club from the late 20's early 30's. I have heard optics and palm rests were  once thought highly of (non-traditional?).

IP Logged

kinglooie
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 28th, 2008 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the clarifacation.  I'm fair versed in the other weapons.  Don't be to kind cause I'm a newbie, just....maybe use a little oil first.lol  As a wiseman once told me--"Hoppes  solvent is the best after shave one can use.  Not only does it attract REAl women it can be used to clean your gun too!!"  I think I'll still build up an encore for varmint shooting.  Thanks for the help and I look forward to "stirring the pot" later!!!!

kinglooie

Where would man be without firearms???

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint