Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Interesting post from WSU site. (Read 16859 times)
Jim_Borton
Global Moderator

Re: Interesting post from WSU site.
Reply #30 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Because maybe he likes shooting single shots with plain base lead bullet!
Tongue

Hugs & Kisses
ASSRA life
NRA life
NMLRA life

IP Logged

SPG
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Gentlemen,

The purpose of the Traditional and Open Class is to preserve traditional shooting and rifles while at the same time encouraging new techniques and rifles. A mistake being made is that Open Class is somehow the same as "Leper Class"...not so. One has to find a "line in the sand" when having a traditional and open class; and I think we have tried to use some careful thought in doing this. I am convinced that having a traditional class in both the NRC and the WSU has increased our participation. 

Another mistake that is being made is that there won't be any more rest rifle shooting. Nothing could be further from the truth. Rest rifle shooting will now be under the umbrella of the National Rifle Club...and any match can be a joint WSU/NRC affair. Nothing has really changed other than we have revived an old club and you as a competitor have the opportunity to win a different medal. Seems like a "win-win" to me...other than if you are one of the guys who donates his time to work at a match. In this case you have a bit more paper-work to do.

I fail to see why reviving an old club or association is a bad thing...especially when the guys doing the work are in favor of it. And...we are making it possible for ANY single shot rifle firing a plain-base lead bullet to participate in a NRC or WSU match. I want to respectfully point out that I believe this is something that neither the ASSRA or the ISSA is currently allowing?

I'm also thinking that, as this is an ASSRA website, discussion about the WSU/NRC rules and procedures should be done on the WSU website. I couldn't blame the moderator if he said, "Take it outside, guys!"

No offense intended to any association or individual here...

Steve

IP Logged

bnice
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #32 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
I keep seeing we are not after ultimate accuracy, I think we are. Accuracy can be a relative term and I think most all of us are striving to get the ultimate out our game and equipment. I know I am, I would not be happy with a gun that shot 3 inches at 200 yards when I know it can do better. So please speak for yourself about what we are striving for in this game. I love to shoot but I have a competitive side to my personallity that is always wanting to do better.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #33 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
I just had a thought !   Maybe a simple rule change to traditional class would be in order.  Any BP score target that measures less than 3" would be disqualified and the shooter given a chance to shoot a larger group.

That should level the field a little.   This makes no sense at all . I dont know how it fits in this thread. 

I said it was just a thought. Cheesy It just came to me out of nowhere.

Joe.

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

irish66
Oldtimer

Reply #34 - Feb 14th, 2008 at 7:29am
Print Post  
goodmorning gents.
as it stands now I can shoot about 6 single shot matches each year here locally. since this wsu has come along it has just meant that I have to if i want to carry more stuff to the range.
things wee pretty simple prior to it inception, go shoot what you wante and go home. what was wrong with that?
I know that there are a lot of people out there that just have to win. but encouraging NEW SHOOTERS is also trying to keep it simple.
if i wanted more rules I would and could make up all i wanted it.
KEEP IT SIMPLE ONE SET OF RULES
irish
p.s. joe I can make the sharps shoot over 3 inches.

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #35 - Feb 14th, 2008 at 8:36am
Print Post  
With all this talk of seperating offhand and benchrest under WSU and NRC I got to wondering about the rules for Benchrest under NRC. I can't find any site for NRC is there somewhere that I can go to find out about the club?

40 Rod

IP Logged

SPG
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Feb 14th, 2008 at 9:35am
Print Post  
40 Rod,

Information on the NRC at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links).

Steve

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #37 - Feb 15th, 2008 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Thanks Steve

40 Rod