Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ken Bresien Barrels (Read 4493 times)
Digital_Dan
Participating Member

Ken Bresien Barrels
Nov 16th, 2007 at 9:09am
Print Post  
I'm looking at an alleged Bresien blank of .50 caliber, 23" twist and about 36" in length. No markings. It has a 5 groove "Remington Pattern" for rifling.  I'm interested in any information that would lend or deny credence to its provenance. 

Thanks,

Dan

IP Logged

rimfire
Ex Member

Re: Ken Bresien Barrels
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
I believe tha Mr. Bresien is still with us although I am not sure of his state of health but it is my understanding that he has finally retired from the barrel making business - I know that there are people here on the forum that know him far better than I - the rimfire - cdpersons

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Yes, "Uncle Ken" is still with us however his health is not very well. He sold his barrel making business and most of the equipment some years ago. I have been fortunate enough to have owned several Ken Bresien made rifles and barrels. As far as I know Ken always marked his barrels after machining was completed. Those that he blued were marked at the completion of the barrel preparation.  Marks were all the same as far as I know and have seen. "Ken Bresien  Warsaw N.Y I still have three barrels. Two muzzle-loaders and one .40 cal. on a Win. Hi-Wall. 
Wish I still had all the ones I sold!!! Round-Ball Bench rifles and Slug-Guns.

The barrel you have question about would be hard to verify if it is not riffled and is just a blank. It's one of those things that a good story can be spun around, especially with out stamping.   
Sluggunner may be able to shed some more light on this topic and Ken's health.
. I don't know what the seller is asking but it might be a bargain even without proof.  Let us know how it turns out.    4227

IP Logged

Digital_Dan
Participating Member

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2007 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Will do, and thanks for the information.  This one is rifled, 5 groove.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint