Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Beginner's schuetzen book (Read 6308 times)
RSW
Frequent Elocutionist

Beginner's schuetzen book
Oct 29th, 2007 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
If you, or your company, are makers of schuetzen rifles, barrels, sights, molds, or other schuetzen related implements, this is an opportunity to help you reach your market. I am writing a book for beginning schuetzen shooters. It is a how-to book covering everything from schuetzen history, to acquiring a rifle, purchasing the proper equipment, casting match-grade bullets, loading methods (both smokeless and black powder), to basic wind doping. The book is fully illustrated and packed with tips & tricks that I have learned over 30 years of schuetzen shooting, all directed at helping new shooters get started.

To help new shooters acquire the proper equipment, there is a comprehensive chapter presenting companies and individuals who offer schuetzen related products and services. If you would like to avail yourself of this opportunity, please contact me to be included. I will need to know what you offer and some good photos of your products.

Time is of the essence, so if you want to be included, don’t procrastinate, shoot me an email or call me. Both the manuscript and illustrations are over half finished. The planned availability date for the book is late summer of 2008 and production is on track to make that schedule. 
Contact me at:
artgallery@wrightgalleries.com
or
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Randy W
ASSRA 10211  -  ISSA 125
There are indeed two Americas. Simply put, it is not the haves and have nots. The two Americans are in reality divided into those who do and those who don't.
IP Logged

KAF
Ex Member

Re: Beginner's schuetzen book
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
I am sure the book will be a good addition to most shooters libraries.  It never hurts to have all the info possible in print.

IP Logged

fallingblock
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Randy,
The book sounds like a good idea to me. New shooters need all of the information they can get. Us Old F--t's can some times use some help too.
I assume that you will be doing the illustrations. Should be worth the cost of the book just for your pictures.
The Journal used to have a list of who was doing what about once a year or so. 
Cheers,
fallingblock

Cheers,
Laurie
ASSRA Secretary & Archivist

IP Logged

3sixbits
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
I looked at the web site and first thing I noticed is no pictures of "Old Scratch" How in the world can we take this seriously without a representation of "Himself". What gives with this?

He's got C.W. Rowland, and no picture of Himself, FOUL!!!

I want a drawing of "Ol'e Scratch" I want to hang it behind my work bench and have one in my shooting box. Just for the inspiration!

IP Logged

stbryson
Participating Member

Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Jim_Borton wrote on Oct 31st, 2007 at 11:46am:
Does not The Modern Schutzen Rifle by Charlie Dell cover this subject front to back? 
And is sold by the ASSRA!

Hello,

Not trying to nitpick, but my second edition of The Modern Schuetzen Rifle is by Wayne Schwartz and Charles Dell.  Just trying to give credit where credit is due.  

I would buy any new book on Schuetzen rifles and shooting.  I also subscribe the "The Single Shot Exchange" and "The Black Powder Cartridge News".  Does that mean I may get excommunicated because the ASSRA Journal covers the same subjects, front to back (or almost)? 

I am looking forward to your book, Mr. Wright.

Take care,

Steve Bryson

"Right is right, even if no one does it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone does it."

IP Logged

RSW
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
3sixbits
If you take another look at the C.W. Roland, you will notice that since the first time you looked at it, I added a figure standing the the doorway, off in the background just because you asked. Look familiar?  Wink

Randy W
ASSRA 10211  -  ISSA 125
There are indeed two Americas. Simply put, it is not the haves and have nots. The two Americans are in reality divided into those who do and those who don't.
IP Logged

3sixbits
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 6:15am
Print Post  
Quote:
3sixbits
If you take another look at the C.W. Roland, you will notice that since the first time you looked at it, I added a figure standing the the doorway, off in the background just because you asked. Look familiar?  Wink

Can't you give me the one where he is all hunched over with years and walking along at a match? Other shooters in the back ground?

How could it be, that you don't have anything of Harry Pope?

P.S. C.W. Rowland would not have that smile on his face if he wasn't shooting his Highwall, which he ain't!

H.M sees that and knows he going to clean C.W. clock, I'll bet H.M. has a smile on his face, we just can't see it. Cry
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2007 at 6:22am by »  

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #7 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Randy,

I helped Charlie with the proofreading, etc. on the second edition of Modern Schuetzen Rifle.  He had most of the load on that one as Wayne was (as I understand it) having some health issues and other interests that discouraged his participation.  

In addition, I recently began a project of my own to update the ASSRA lists of vendors and manufacturers as part of my Products and Services editorial duties.

With the above said, I personally wholeheartedly encourage you to pursue this project.  I know from experience how big a job it is, but how valuable it can be to our shooting community, especially since we are so specialized.  If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Charlie Shaeff
aka Green Frog

IP Logged

RSW
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Frog
Thanks for the offer of assistance, I may well take you up on it. My book is not intended for members of the ASSRA, ISSA or WSU. We, more or less, know what we are doing when it comes to schuetzen. My book is intended for every other shooter on the planet. If you are a shooter and don’t know the difference between a breech seater and a proctoscope, this book could be for you. I’m writing really basic schuetzen info in this book. The book is about a way (my way) to enter the schuetzen game.
By putting a notice on this and other forums, I am soliciting input from gunsmiths, implement makers, stockers, mold makers, etc, just as stated in my original post. If anyone who resembles the previous remark would like a place to strut their stuff in front of a new audience, I’m all ears . . .
The book progresses, it goes on sale the first of August 2008.

Randy W
ASSRA 10211  -  ISSA 125
IP Logged

Paul_F.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
don’t know the difference between a breech seater and a proctoscope

I may have just stumbled upon why my breech seating experiments have not gone well!   Cheesy

Sorry.. I couldn't resist that straight line  Grin

I applaud any addition to the sparse field of books on the subject of Schützen!
I could STILL use a "Shützen for Dummies" book...

Paul F.

IP Logged

R.Dupraz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
I'll take the first one off the press! Could ya hurry a little bit though?

Sounds like a great idea.

R. Dupraz

IP Logged

SteveC

Reply #11 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
I'll take the second one off the press. I need all the help I can get.
                             Steve

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint