Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Gove underlever (Read 34392 times)
j sells

Life is too short to rush

Re: Gove underlever
Reply #30 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
I am in the process of building another one. When I get time I will post some pics of the works. I need to get a little farther along before I do so. JS

Jerry

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #31 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Jerry,

Since you are building it and taking pictures of your progress, how about an article for the SSR Journal?  That's the kind of thing that many of our readers love, and besides, it is cool to get your ideas published!  Wink

Froggie

IP Logged

j sells

Reply #32 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Frog, I will give that some thought,my wife has written a couple of books and maybe she will help me get it together. I do ok building them, but putting it into print would be her specialty. She has some serious health issues and that put limits on our time. Thanks for encouragement. Jerry

Jerry

IP Logged

Gussy
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jan 16th, 2008 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Jerry, does the link go overcenter to form an added lock up?

IP Logged

j sells

Reply #34 - Jan 16th, 2008 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Gus, The lever has a spring which holds it in the closed position, then hammer works just like a normal roller. Also when shooting you can wrap a couple fingers around for added support. I will try to post some pics next week. JS

Jerry

IP Logged

j sells

Reply #35 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Pics of the Gove inner workings. Some of you gentlemen wanted to see how the gove worked. I will try to post some pictures. JS

Jerry

IP Logged

j sells

Reply #36 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Another pic. The small plunger which is spring loaded to hold lever in up position. This is made by me. Finally used some of those mag safeties that I've taken out of Browning Hi Powers over the years.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2008 at 3:36pm by j sells »  

Jerry

IP Logged

j sells

Reply #37 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
And another.

Jerry

IP Logged

j sells

Reply #38 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
And final. this action is for the sliding extractor, but I will be installing a rotary, the screw will just fill the hole. The barrel is a Pedersoli take off in 45-70. I'm told they shoot great so I decided to use it on this Gove. I have the stocks almost made up, they are out of Turkish walnut. More pics to come as gun progresses. JS

Jerry

IP Logged

KWK
Senior Forum Member

Reply #39 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the pictures Jerry.

Karl
IP Logged

trev

Reply #40 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Very Nice!

Thanks for posting those pictures! Very much!

Cheers
  Trev

IP Logged

Gussy
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Thanks from me too.   Smiley

It is pretty much what I had envisioned, but that really clears it up.  Very nice job.  I hope mine turns out as nice Cheesy

IP Logged

mwhite49
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #42 - Feb 7th, 2008 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
J, here is a copy of Fruends rolling block conversion where the lever operates the hammer and the breech block, I'll try emailing it to you later.
Mike

IP Logged

mdeland
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Feb 8th, 2008 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Mwhite49, would it be possible to get a copy of your print for the Fruend conversion of the Remington Roller. It looks to me like it might be stronger than using a link being directly levered to the block. I don't think I would want to lever the hammer and could probably easily leave out that feature. MD

IP Logged

harry_eales
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Feb 9th, 2008 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Quote:
Mwhite49, would it be possible to get a copy of your print for the Fruend conversion of the Remington Roller. It looks to me like it might be stronger than using a link being directly levered to the block. I don't think I would want to lever the hammer and could probably easily leave out that feature. MD

Hello MD,

You should be able to get a copy of the Patent drawings and the written Patent details and claims by just going here:-

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Just type the patent number into the box and click on search. You can enlarge the drawings and text to screen size by clicking on the button sayting show full screen and then print. If that doesn't work, then copy and paste each page into a Word Document and print that. It takes a few seconds to do if working in Word, but it's not a long delay.

It is also possible to search for a Patent even if you don't know the number, just type in the Patentee's name and click search, all the Patents under that 'name' should come up in a list. Sometimes there's pages of them any you will have to look at a lot of them to find exactly what your looking for.

You could also search for things in general terms such as; Single shot rifles, rifle sights,  bullet paper patching machines, etc, etc.

Be aware that you don't get machinists drawings showing the item in several views or any dimensions. Just a copy of the original patent drawings. The text can be very useful in explaining how it works.

Best of all, there's no charges involved.

Have fun,

Harry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint