Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ruger No. 1 speed hammer?? (Read 20505 times)
Irascible
Senior Forum Member

Re: Ruger No. 1 speed hammer??
Reply #15 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Are you going to qualify that by saying "no bolt actions"?

IP Logged

Black_Prince
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Hee, hee 40-Rod,  sounds like you are gonna do jiss fine as the new editor.  I moan send ya ah manuscript and sum picters of a bunch of rednecks shooting BPC & R matches.   Sum ah them boys would not want their picters showed though cause tha sheriff might see it and come get'em.  'Bout how many werds do ya want in tha average article?  Ya want it double or maybe triple spaced I reckon so yew can write in corrections and make comments an sech as zat.  Ya want it hard copy or e-mailed or faxed?  How big do ya want them picters?  

Wal gol dang it John, how do yew want this hear stuff writ?

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Fortunately we got John a special program to edit grammar, spelling, etc.  BP, if you'll just send that article along, he can fix it right up and maybe even photoshop some of those little black bars across the faces of the guilty!!  Grin

Froggie

IP Logged

Black_Prince
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Gud ideer Frog.  Nexx time them boys shoot them Buffalo Rifalguns at River Bend Gun Club, I moan take a buncha picters.  We can make their faces look purdy with photoshop and nobody would ever recognize'em then.  We shoot both black powder and smokeless, but only the black powder shooters are scored in those matches.  It'sa lotta fun to see old farts shooting black powder and iron sights tear these young guys up shooting high powered stainless bolt guns with scopes and it jiss tears them young fellers up too.  They can't believe it!

IP Logged

Steve B
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 12:51am
Print Post  
As a side note, David Clements of Clements Custom Guns also makes an adjustable trigger for #1's and 3's.  I have one that I will install soon and can give an update.

Mr. Clements is mostly known for his sixgun work, but makes these triggers for the Ruger single shots.

Best Regards,
Steve

IP Logged

40_Rod
Frequent Elocutionist

Extremism in the persuit
of accuracy is not a
vice

Reply #20 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Black Prince
Write your article on a disc in word format make sure to include a list of captions for your photos. I am glad that you are taking me up on my offer to write an article. So many are afraid to do something like this because their friends might poke fun at them, But when the Association needs them good men like you step up. Please contact me at editor@assra.com

40 Rod

IP Logged

Black_Prince
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Wal 40 Rod, I ain't got no frens to make fun ah me, at least none whut ain't locked up in tha slammer.  I notice soon as they git theyselves all gud an locked up, I'm their best buddy and will I brang'em sum smokes and stuff?

Okay.  I'll copy everything to a CD disk, caption the photo's and send it on.  You let me know if it's the foremat that you want to work with and I'll make it whatever you want.

Yew shore is a glutton fer punishmint thar 40 Rod.  Ya want me to also send along a bottle ah gud sour mash fer attitude adjustment and mental rehab?

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

ASSRA Life #281

Reply #22 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Don't send that bottle/jug to 40 Rod directly, BP...we won't EVER get the next issue!   Grin

Bring it with you to the Asheville match for use as post shooting lubricant (oral type.)  I expect 40 Rod to be there, so he will be able to get a reasonable share.  Roll Eyes

Froggie

IP Logged

digitall423
Oldtimer

Reply #23 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Froggie, Is the Asheville match actually going to be in Asheville?

Bill

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

ASSRA Life #281

Reply #24 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
That's the word I got from Russ and Lou.  You might want to check with John (Stevens52) to get the full scoop.

Froggie

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #25 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Any contact information for David Clements of Clements Custom Guns ? Huh     4227

IP Logged

Steve B
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Contact Info for Clements

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Steve

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #27 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Thanks Steve. I will get in touch with him as I have a couple of #1's that need some attention.   4227

IP Logged

Irascible
Senior Forum Member

Reply #28 - Aug 14th, 2007 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Why don't the forum monitors start a seperate string under Important Topics called submitting an article and take the article data from here and post it there. Half this string has nothing to do with Ruger Hammers and belongs somewhere else.

IP Logged

38_Cal
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #29 - Aug 14th, 2007 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Brownells carries a Ruger No. 1/3 trigger from Moyers, stock # 577-100-001, for $53.00.  You'll still need a good neutral sear engagement for this to be a benefit.

David
Montezuma, IA

David Kaiser
Montezuma, IA

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint