Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) New Record Set at Spring Match (Read 12495 times)
abcd
Ex Member

Re: New Record Set at Spring Match
Reply #15 - Jun 3rd, 2007 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Mr. Stenback,

A friend of mine shoots at that Pine Ridge Club and he says as far as he knows they aren't affiliated with the ASSRA so their scores couldn't be entered for consideration in any event. From your message it seems as though only records shot at EG and published in the magazine can be REAL records. If I'm mistaken how does a club go about getting recognition?

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #16 - Jun 3rd, 2007 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
The records rules are in the rule book, section 7.0 page 17. 

The gentleman from WA state shot a 243 with 6 centers on a previous visit to Etna green.  The Kentucky trip he didnt take a 22.

The 243 6 target was shot with a Walnut Hill (heavy) model with RKS gain twist barrel. 

Tommy Mason told me he shot a 248 once . I think he said in Arizona.

Joe.

« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2007 at 1:13pm by westerner »  

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

mes
Senior Forum Member

Reply #17 - Jun 3rd, 2007 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Abcd
Words often get me in trouble..  It is the range record at Beeson's Range, Etna Green, Therefore, it is what we would refer to as the ASSRA record.  Each range can have its own records.  I would think that an affiliated club record would be better than the range record at Etna Green as there are 40 some affiliated clubs.  I don't keep those records.  I don't know who does but it may be Jim Borton.
To be a comparable record it would have to be a non reentry score at an affiliated club.  If they have 10 matches a year a person could shoot it ten times that year.  The match can be shot I think 5 times a year at Beeson's Range.
As for a club getting recognition in the ASSRA records your club should become affiliated with the ASSRA.   

As for a REAL record"  When this thread was started the 245-5 was said to be the record.  I thought to myself "Thats not the real record". I knew it was not as I tied the old record of 243-5. And as it is the only record I will probably ever hold or co-hold I was aware of the record breaking score of 245-6c.  Cry
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2007 at 7:45am by mes »  

Martin Stenback

IP Logged

abcd
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jun 3rd, 2007 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Mr. Stenback,

I don't belong to any club, per se, so the record of any one club doesn't affect me at all. I was just wondering how national records could be established. I would imagine that any affilitated club member should be able to have a course their club schuetzenmeister could follow so their name could be recognized.
Quote:
It is the range record at Beeson's Range, Etna Green, Therefore, it is what we would refer to as the ASSRA record.

It would appear then that from your quote above that the only way an ASSRA member could establish an official ASSRA record would be to go to EG and shoot it even though something better was shot at a registered ASSRA club match. From what you say later in your message you seem to agree with this, so if some kind of procedure isn't already in place then one should be where these scores could be sent to for verification and posted to the Journal as officia ASSRAl records, don't you think?. Heck. Even the NRA allows national records to be set at local registered matches. You don't have to go to Camp Perry to do it.

IP Logged

rimfire
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jun 3rd, 2007 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Westerner - thanks for setting me straight - as I said - the memory is starting to go - I appreciate your input - u all have a good day now - the rimfire - cdpersons

IP Logged

xxgrampa
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jun 4th, 2007 at 12:07am
Print Post  
hoo-ray cork-o,

knew you could do it.  always knew you were a champion at heart. hoo-ray, hoo-ray. you are the champ Smiley Smiley Smiley

hope your record stands forever..

..ttfn..grampa..

IP Logged

xxgrampa
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jun 4th, 2007 at 12:23am
Print Post  
hi ho cork.

sorry to learn you were striped of your title. Embarrassed.. it must be embarassing to have your buttons ripped off and your sword broken in front of everyone at e.g. Cry

i  know also that you want to wear a bucket on your head to hide your shame.. but, be brave, you were a victim. it was not your fault. think it was a commie plot. or a plot hatched by those two ne'rdo wells. the famous rascals and doer's neferous deeds, the hst and my green shaded grandson the green frog.

also heard they think the greatest pleasure in life is eating and drinking at the expense of someone else.. Roll Eyes

so once again, too too bad,,   and beware of you know whoze and ,,ttfn..grampa..

IP Logged

Asst
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jun 4th, 2007 at 5:51am
Print Post  
Section 7.0 Records
Section 7.10
Records are kept for each individual match event but also for high target scores even thought th high score target is part of another event For an example, if one targets of the Hudson match has a score bettering the record of 241-5, it will set a new record for a 10 shot Offhand target score.

Section 7.11
Matches named for a specific shooter (except the Hudson Match) which are only shot at the Etna Green range will be considered for world class records. Similar matches shot at affiliated club ranges will not be designated by these names, but will quailify for ASSRA national class
records for matches which adhere to the same rules. For example: The Hill match is the single entry, any sight, ten shot offhand match.  Scores for this event fired at Etna Green only will quality entry in the world class records.   A similar single entry, any sight, ten shot offhand match fired at an affiliated club will not qualify the shooter for a place in the world records but will be included in the national match records.It is possible for a shooter at Etna Green match to shoot a score that will simultaneously set a world recordand a national match record.

Match Equipment and scoring rule books are availible from the target guy, at a cost of $5.00 which includes postage.

IP Logged

mes
Senior Forum Member

Reply #23 - Jun 4th, 2007 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Abcd   
I assumed you were familer with the ASSRA rules and ASSRA records and Affiliated club records.   
See the post by Asst.

Martin Stenback

IP Logged

abcd
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jun 5th, 2007 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Mr. Asst., & Mr. Stenback,

Yes, I am familiar with the ASSRA rules but from past messages on this and other threads on here it appears as if many are not. So, I was just trying to "officially" clarify what the procedure was. IIRC the question was asked in this thread with no forth-coming answer. I thank you Mr. Asst. for the reply.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint