Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) the 45-70 inadequate? (Read 17043 times)
3sixbits
Ex Member

Re: the 45-70 inadequate?
Reply #30 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
I use the Garret loads in .44 mag, for my fishing gear. It's hard to carry my 12ga. and handle a fly rod. I carry my old 5" Smith in a chest holster, works great with chest waders on.

It is vary hard to get the Garrett ammo here and vary expensive to ship. Vary few people get this ammo for the .45-70. The only store in Alaska that carries it is in Juneau.

IP Logged

sako300m
Ex Member

Re: the 45-70 inadequate?
Reply #31 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
I use the Garret loads in .44 mag, for my fishing gear. It's hard to carry my 12ga. and handle a fly rod. I carry my old 5" Smith in a chest holster, works great with chest waders on.

It is vary hard to get the Garrett ammo here and vary expensive to ship. Vary few people get this ammo for the .45-70. The only store in Alaska that carries it is in Juneau.
One of my friends always uses Garretts 44 mag ammo in his Mod 29,his brother bought a 45lc  Ruger BH with a 4 5/8" barrel to carry while hunting on the advice of an Idaho elk hunting  sporting goods store owner. Last fall while elk hunting in Idaho he shot a wounded running cow elk thru the head at about 65 yards using Buffalo Bore Ammo 300gr speer jfn @ 1325fps & 1170 ft lbs.Check out  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) .Another source is (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) bought Cast Performance Bullet company.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint