Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Want to buy Unertl 2" Target (Read 13425 times)
Irascible
Senior Forum Member

Want to buy Unertl 2" Target
Apr 30th, 2007 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
I borrowed a 2" Unertl target in 24X for my 1st trip to Etna Green this past weekend. I liked it a lot! So, I sold my 10X 1 1/4 and my 15X Ultra Varmint for money to buy one just like it. I found one on this web sight (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) Has anyone delt with this dealer? OR, does anyone else have one for sale?

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Want to buy Unertl 2" Target
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2007 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Have seen his ad's around never bought anything.  For 1K I think I would have him ship it to Parsons for inspection at your expense budgeting a hundered or so for cleaning. Whar with shipping and all that would make the scope about 1200 dollars, A record as far as I know. But what the heck it's only money.

They are real nice scopes.  If I could find a BV under the same terms would probably sell something to buy it.

Boats

IP Logged

Asst
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2007 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Forget the Unertl and buy a real scope, A Mitchell 

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - May 1st, 2007 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Keith, you gonna sell him yours?    Me neither!   Sorry Pat!   Grin

Did you look on the trading blanket?  might post a "wanted" there too  Also you get the members free ad in the J.

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

Irascible
Senior Forum Member

Reply #4 - May 1st, 2007 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Interesting, I sent him an Email before the match and another last night. I haven't had an answer to either!
Mitchel those are the ones they sold at K Marts right?

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - May 1st, 2007 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Nah dummy Cheesy,  at Target don't you know.  Grin
Walmart and Sam's club have gone anti-gun.  Probably due to profit margins rather than any true ethical or moral POV.

seriously Mitchells are pretty good, but not cheap and since he quit making them they'll be going even farther through the roof.  If you could find one you could look at it as an investment.

IP Logged

Schutzenbob
Frequent Elocutionist

Rheinisch-Westfälisc
hen Sprengstoff-Fabriken

Reply #6 - May 1st, 2007 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
I think the guy that has the Alexweb site maintains it for buying scopes, but not selling. I think that if you contacted him and said that you had a 2" Unertl that you wanted to sell for $150.00 he'd get back to you muy pronto.

Bob

IP Logged

3sixbits
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 1st, 2007 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
How come people who own Mitchel scopes only want to brag about them and never want to share them with others? Am I the only one that feels short changed by these types? What about Lend Lease? Or was that only a myth?

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - May 1st, 2007 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
75cents,    I suspect its because of the small problem one has getting them back if you loan them.  Maybe if you offered your rifle as security Wink---no; on second thought my scope may be worth more than my rifle.

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #9 - May 1st, 2007 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Any of you guys use a Mitchell ?  The only one I ever saw was real nice but too big for offhand. I understand he made a scope for smallbore prone that was lighter and about right for offhand Schuetzen.

Anybody see one ?

Boats

IP Logged

Schutzenbob
Frequent Elocutionist

Rheinisch-Westfälisc
hen Sprengstoff-Fabriken

Reply #10 - May 1st, 2007 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
As a marketing major in college, it would seem to me that with the considerable prices $$$ of target scopes, somone would start making and selling them again. Although I don't think your time-share idea is a good one. Huh

Bob

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #11 - May 1st, 2007 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Boats, I think that is what mine is.  I called him after I bought it (used) to find out what the mechanical centers for the micrometers he used as windage and elev adjusters should be. He said it was one of the smaller diameter lighter weight versions he made for some special use. I've forgotten what he told me it was but what you say'd make sense and it sounds familiar.  Its a 1.5"--40X and I'm really pleased with it, other than the gold anodized mounts---but I'll live with them.  40x might be a bit much for offhand, but I don't do much of that and if I decide to try it I have a couple 24x redfields I'll use on another rifle.

IP Logged

3sixbits
Ex Member

Reply #12 - May 1st, 2007 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
The gyrations I have gone through trying to by a Mitchell scope have been unreal and still no luck. I called and talked to the MAN himself a couple of years ago and asked him to build just one more and he told me his eyes could no longer handle the tasks needed. So for the few lucky owners out there I hope you understand just what a fine insturment you have in a Mitchell scope.

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #13 - May 2nd, 2007 at 7:39am
Print Post  
DWS from memory only the smaller Mitchell was a 1600 named after the smallbore prone match.  When I was looking at them he was still producing and sent me a brocure. I may still have it will look. I bet that 40 x has some view of the Center.  Some Silouette shooters have there 6.5x20 Leupolds bosted to near that power and shoot them fine offhand.

I would suspect that power is not good for general use, subject to mirage problems and all, but for focusing on a 1 1/2 inch center at 200 yards pretty good.

Boats

IP Logged

rimfire
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 2nd, 2007 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Boats - to ur question "do any of u guys have a Mitchell"  I am not braggin - well maybe I am - I have 3 of them - a 16X 1-1/2" - a 20X 2" and a 24X 2-1/2" and to so u how I feel about them - my widow will be selling them - I won't part with them in this life.  George only made a little over 300 scopes while he was in business and when I talked to him last he said that the last "used" one he knew of sold for around $2000.  George is still repairing any scopes that he made.  They truely are an investment - u all have a good day now - the rimfire

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint