Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Yost Action (Read 8495 times)
Ed_Tilford
Ex Member

Yost Action
Jan 30th, 2007 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Do any of you know about the Yost action.  Will it hold 32 Miller Short?  I have a chance to buy one so doing some home work.

IP Logged

schuetzenguy

SCHUETZEN GUY

Re: Yost Action
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2007 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
It should handle the Miller Short just fine.  I have 2 Yost actioned rifles.  One in 32-20 straight and another in 30 herritt LN.  How is you have found one?  I thought they were all sold.

"You never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early"
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Schuetzendave
Frequent Elocutionist

Retired Ex-Shooter

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
If you don't buy it or if there is more than one for sale, could you please connect me with the seller? THX

IP Logged

Asst
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Yost Actions are being made or in the process of being set up to be made.

For information call:

The rights were purchased from the widow.

IP Logged

shooter93
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2007 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Is this something that will happen or is it a maybe thing as usual? Any idea of the time frame and cost or is too early for those things. Thanks

IP Logged

harry_eales
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2007 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Until fairly recently there were a few original Yost made single shot actions actions available for sale. These have now all gone, and it remains to be seen if they are to be produced in future.

The following URL gives a lot of interesting information about this action, the jigs used and methods of production etc.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

It's well worth a read if you have the time, don't just look at the 'home Page' but the full site.

I can't recollect the prices the last of these actions sold for, but they weren't cheap.

Harry

IP Logged

YostAction
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 1st, 2007 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
This is true! The castings are being poured as I post this.  My company bought from the Yost family the molds and all the tooling to continue the Yost Action legacy.  We do not have a website yet, and are not ready to start taking orders, but our goal is to be in full manufacturing in the next several months.  Keep and eye here and in the Single Shot Journal for more information and a press release.  Jon Larrabee ( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)) 1 800 745-6551

IP Logged

rimfire
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 1st, 2007 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Jon - welcome aboard - and thanks for your reply keeping us informed - and rumors to a minimum - u all have a good day now - the rimfire

IP Logged

Bob_Allen
Ex Member

Re: Yost Action/buckstix-32-20 straight
Reply #8 - Mar 3rd, 2007 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
buckstix; on what case is the 32-20 straight made.I don't seem to be able  to find any info on this .
                                         Bob Allen

IP Logged

WalterGlover

Credit where credit due.

Reply #9 - Mar 4th, 2007 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This is true! The castings are being poured as I post this.  My company bought from the Yost family the molds and all the tooling to continue the Yost Action legacy.  We do not have a website yet, and are not ready to start taking orders, but our goal is to be in full manufacturing in the next several months.  Keep and eye here and in the Single Shot Journal for more information and a press release.  Jon Larrabee ( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)) 1 800 745-6551

Jon, good to hear! I held one of the originals in my hands last week.
That is some nice work on a very straight forward design.
Wish you every success in your venture.
Walter Glover
Alberta, Canada

IP Logged

schuetzenguy

SCHUETZEN GUY

Re: Yost Action/buckstix-32-20 straight
Reply #10 - Mar 6th, 2007 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Quote:
buckstix; on what case is the 32-20 straight made.I don't seem to be able  to find any info on this .      Bob Allen

The 32-20 straight is just that, a 32-20 case that is straight taper from the head to the case mouth.  Since in Schuetzen shooting one  generally breech seats the bullet first, as a separate step, and then inserts a case with powder behind that bullet, there is no need for a neck on the case to hold the bullet.  The 32-20 Straight gives slightly more case capacity for the powder than a standard 32-20 Win.  My loads shoot a 200g Borton bullet at 1400 fps with very good accuracy.   

However, if you intend to shoot fixed (prepared) ammunition, the standard 32-20 might be a better choice.

"You never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early"
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint