Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Animal Silhouette Templates (Read 7041 times)
Sharps1874
Ex Member

Animal Silhouette Templates
Dec 24th, 2006 at 1:47am
Print Post  
I’m looking for sites that carry full-size paper target animals. I need them to make templates out of, that I can use to outline on a sheet of steel. That’s so I can make them into steel silhouette targets. I already have the chicken, pig, turkey, ram templates, and have already cut out the chickens and pigs. I’m looking for some variety silhouette targets to cut out to shoot. Things like squirrels, a fox, coyotes, doves and so on. I’ll be going over to a nearby bowling ally to make an outline of a bowling pin to add to my assortment of steel silhouettes. 

I’ve done extensive searches on the internet in this area, with little success. There are some sites that have animal targets, yet they are not life size targets of the animal, or they are just a partial picture. If they were actual full size, I could just cut them out and use them as my templates. I know I have a duck decoy somewhere around the house that I can use to make a template. I am open to any suggestions. If someone has templates of an animal that might be interesting to make out of steel, if I’m interested in it… I’d be willing to reimburse the postage fee for it. 

I’ve made some stuff from home, such as a wine bottle, a craf, a vase, and a few other items. Those items that are small and go no farther then 200 meters I plan to shoot at standing…no shooting sticks at those. I’m looking for a real challenge and to hone in my shooting skills with my Sharps 45-70…yes using only lead bullets at 3/8” and ½” steel. I figure that standard 22s should be safe to shoot at them as well. No closer then 50 meters. 

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Re:  Animal Silhouette Templates
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2006 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Man O man!! sounds like you got your work cut out. I had a coon Here this summer. I caught him in my pickup eatin Frenchfries out from under the seat. He had the gaul to growl at me when I chased him out. I threw him in the woods next to the shop. Stunk pretty good there for a while.  I dont think he'd be any good now. Now that decoy you got, thats a no brainer. You take that decoy out to the shop and saw it in two, right down the middle. Then you got a right side and a left side. When your done, glue it back together. make sure to use water proof glue. I got a buddy in Idaho is a big time 3D boyer dude. He's got about fifty acres of trails with all kinds of critters. I dont know if his bear is full size. Do you have any idea how much a full size Grizzly bear silhuette made out of 1/2 inch plate would weigh?  Or how much the plate would cost? Well you probly got money to burn so it dont matter. If it weighs too much, buy a new boom truck to move em around. When you get this all set up I want an invite to come shoot targets at your place. My buddy in Idaho Has a rifle range too. Heated shooting house. Can shoot out to a thousand yards. I dont get over there very often cause its a long ways away, and he can kinda get surlee, squirrely? anyway he's liable ta shoot ya if he doesnt recognize ya right off. His name is Bob, Bad Bob. If Bob dont get ya his dogs will.                                         I figure on calling Bob right after christmas. I'll ask him where to get those life size pictures, or targets.  Merry christamas!!   Joe.

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #2 - Dec 24th, 2006 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Sharps 1874,

Anything that is on the internet can be printed to any size, so I am having a little trouble understanding your question.  If you want to get some good silhouette shapes, you might try the shooting gallery link i posted recently in response to another thread.  There were about 30 or so different figures on that which you could size as needed.  By the way, the elephant there, if made full size, would trump even westerner's bear silhouette!   Wink

HTH, Froggie

IP Logged

Kurt_701
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2006 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) This site may provide what you are looking for.

M-14 3rd Battalion 27th Marines RVN 68'69'

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint