Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rescued BSA Mod 12 Martini (Read 2689 times)
martininut
Ex Member

Rescued BSA Mod 12 Martini
Jun 27th, 2006 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
A few weeks back, I spotted a ratty looking BSA Mod 12 on Thad Scott's web sight that looked like it had potential.  It was well beaten, no finish, the checkering on the forend was worn flat, and as usual, Thad advertised it as having a mint bore.   

Well, it got here, and it was just as ratty as in Thad's pictures, but, low and behold, it had a Parker Lined bore that looked like it hadnt been shot since the re-lining....absolutely mint.....I think Thad's wife actually checked this one...:lol (chuckle)

Stripped the stock with three coatings of Easyoff oven cleaner, steamed out the dings and dents, then sanded and applied a hand-rubbed tounge oil finish (got rid of the checkering on the forend).  The action, barrel, screws, and cadet style butt plate got a nice bead-blast blue finish, and I added a rail,BKL scope mount, and Unertl 4X Hawk scope.  Holy cow, I cant believe it is the same rifle.  I should have taken pictures of the "before" condition.  I just cant believe the original ratty wood turned out so sweet!!!

Barrel length is 25".

Now, off to the range.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

kenh
Ex Member

Re: Rescued BSA Mod 12 Martini
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Looks good.
I returned a T.Scott "mint bore". 
From what we could see, there was a bit of rust.
We could only see about 3" down the bore, as ther appeared to be a bullet lodged in it!

Beware though, Martinis are addictive, I have four.

IP Logged

MI-shooter

Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Craig
Got to ask...Is the receiver thick or thin version? What I think you have is not a Model 12 but a Model 8. The Model 8 was thin sided, Cadet buttstock w/ steel buttplate and a 25" target profile barrel. The early Model 12's could be similiar but not the short 25" barrel length. 

Ed

IP Logged

martininut
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
I think you are right....it is a thin wall and the barrel is 25".  I wish BSA stamped model numbers........the forend was a little lighter that the big fat Mod 12 forends......

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint