Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic low wall block (Read 2324 times)
STRAY
Ex Member

low wall block
Jun 24th, 2006 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
the breach block on this lw is marked 22 the barrel is marked 32 long ,the firing pin is in the center ,not bushed and the block is about even with the top of the action and flush with the bottom of the action,can't be the link maybe the block is longer,like for a high wall,what do y'all think? thanks ben .picture of rifle is back home from big game.

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Re: low wall block
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Ben, 

How long have you had that one?  It sounds an awful lot like one I built back in about 1992 +/-.  If it IS that rifle, it was slightly rough in the bore, but I had the chamber reamed out to .32 H&R Mag and it shot OK, especially with those little jacketed bullets (gasp) designed for handloading M-1 carbines.  It seems like I swapped it off about a year or so later at either one of the Richmond or the Harrisonburg gun shows, but my recollection is not all it should be.  Anyway, the whole project seems like it worked out pretty well at the time and I have gone so far as to repeat it twice since.  BTW, that was an early, squared-off low-wall block, not the later scalloped top.

Froggie

PS  If that block is marked 22 on the side it WAS bushed, I believe.  They only marked the rf blocks in that way.  GF

IP Logged

STRAY
Ex Member

Re: low wall block
Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
just got the rifle back after ten years,  you are right about the block i was in the John Cambell book this afternoon. there  is a picture on this site, check how high the block is.' 'just got this back from the big game' meaning some gun trade i would rather not remember too well,if you know what i    ------.thanks ben.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint