Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic stevens and annie oakley (Read 3087 times)
Quisto56
Ex Member

stevens and annie oakley
Oct 24th, 2005 at 10:20am
Print Post  
I saw a picture of a stevens rifle that was given to annie oakley  The rifle looked like a 44 and had gold overlay and engraving I could not get a copy of this rifle as the book was under a glass counter and the people would not let me copy it Does anyone else remember seeing this picture.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Ex Member

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: stevens and annie oakley
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Haven't seen that picture, but Annie Oakley was famous enough that just about every major gun maker gave her a highly embelleished gun. It was good business, as they could then advertise that she owned one of their guns. 
In a couple cases, Annie gave instructions to the makers as to exactly what features she wanted. Then once the gun was finished, and presented to her, she turned it over for sale, along with a letter of provenance. One buyer bought a very deluxe 1889 Marlin from Annie, and then wrote to Marlin to confirm they had built it for her. In their confirmation letter, they expressed disappointment that they had built such a fine gun, which she didn't seem to appreciate.
I'd enjoy seeing that Stevens. I'm a bit of an Annie Oakley buff.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Life#75

Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
HEY, WHY NOT JUST SEARCH OUT THE BOOK & BUY ONE .. WHAT WAS THE TITLE & AUTHOR ? ?  EVERYTHING IS ALMOST POSSIBLE THESE DAYS ...... SHOOT STRAIGHT ..

IP Logged

Quisto56
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2005 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
The title of the book was covered  up  It was under glass and opened to this page where I saw the rifle  It was a book about Buffalo Bill  Big book. I tried to look up annie oakley   stevens rifle  on google  but nothing came up. I hoped someone here might have a copy or might have seen the picture. Any ideas on how else to find it would be appreciated 

Quisto56

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint