Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Swiss Butt Plates? (Read 13571 times)
Ex Member

Re: Swiss Butt Plates?
Reply #15 - Oct 5th, 2005 at 10:23pm
Print Post  

you say you got a lot of mark III ammo could you spare a brick? i am also a rimfire shooter   

welcome to ASSRA   

4227 would that be like IMR 4227 i try and change loads over to it because i like how clean it burns its wonderful in a 38-55 but not as accurate as 3031 but close 
rafter-7    \Well I don't know if I want to get rid of any MK III or not but if you want to post your e-mail address I can contact you about the subject.
As far as :4227" goes, yes that would be IMR 4227 or the "Old Schuetzen" can etc. I have tried many powders over the yeards and have found that the "Old Timers" pretty well knew that they were doing and as long as we stick to trying to equal or pass what they were doing and in the manner they did it, IMR 4227 is the way to go. The "new" actions, stocking, methods etc. then all bets are off. It's TRADITION!!
As far as the .38-55 etc. goes, at the end of a long day shooting you will be whipped with the larger caliber unless your built like "Hugs & Kisses"! I shot a .38 M.L. Schuetzen because we discovered that any caliber below .38 presented too many other problems with fouling etc. You seldom see any M.L. schuetzens below .38 (>380) cal. 
In what pwrt of the country are you located?
Regards, 4227

IP Logged

rafter-7
Ex Member

Re: Swiss Butt Plates?
Reply #16 - Oct 6th, 2005 at 9:08pm
Print Post  

i have been fighting a blizzard up here in north central north dakota we had a bout 20 inches of snow and it came with 50 mph. wind it just shut us down lost power what a mess!!! i left the house at 7:00 and just got home now it took that long just to feed my cows what a war!

as far as the ammo if you can spare a brick that would be great if you cant i understand i find it hard to part with good "lots" that shoot strait i have never had a chance to buy mark III so i was just courious. but like i said if you want to keep it to shoot thats fine i was just asking

cdness@srt.com

rafter-7

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint