Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic John Bodine  rolling block (Read 3438 times)
argo
Ex Member

John Bodine  rolling block
Sep 29th, 2005 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
could someone give me a idea about  the quality and overall fit and finish of the bodine roller  Cherrys has one pictured that looks  good from the picture but I hoped someone that has handled one or even better shot one could give me their opinion 

argo

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Re: John Bodine  rolling block
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2005 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Argo, I have handled a couple of them at NRA displays by Navy Arms and even got to shoot one at a writers' weekend they had a couple of years ago.  I was favorably impressed with fit and finish and the stock was well shaped for actual shooting on the sample I had.  I was not overly impressed with the tang sight that was on it, in fact, the one on the sample I shot was loose and inconsistent.   I would plan on adding an upgraded set of sights fore and aft anyway.   

I have been promised a sample of the Bodine model to "wring out" thoroughly for an article, but it hasn't made it here yet...so all of my shooting was with factory loaded .45-70s (smokeless and jacketed) but I got off and witnessed over a hundred shots as the writers all enthusiastically took their turns.  I haven't looked at the current prices, but as I recall, it seems they were reasonable for what you get.

HTH, the Green Frog

IP Logged

argo
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2005 at 11:16am
Print Post  
how would it compare to a regular production Lone Star  They are priced about the same 
argo

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2005 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
I haven't had the Lone Star in my hands, so I can't really say.  Maybe some of our lurkers from other disciplines will chime in here...I understand those rollers are pretty popular with the silhouette set, for instance!  Wink

Froggie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint